NS Food on Review

Options

Replies

• pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    sznsido wrote: »
    Ok, I was happy with all of my food today --- The Nutriflakes were good, the Ham and Bean Soup was great, and I really liked the Ravioli and Meat Sauce tonight for dinner. If I think about the 24 NS meals I've had (8 days worth) there really has only been 1 that I really didn't care for (I ate it, but didn't care for it). That's pretty darn good in my opinion!

which one did you not like?

The only one I really didn't like was the Chicken Alfredo in the FF.
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    First time I tried the hickory smoked burger, I wasn't a fan. I had it yesterday and I must say...I really liked it. I put some baby portabella mushrooms and onions in my lunchcrock with the burger and some stadium mustard stirred in. Pretty yummy!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Patty - at first I was not a fan of the chicken alfredo...at all. But, I diced a bell pepper and mixed that in, and it really changed it up to where I liked it! For the lasagna, I add in slices of eggplant. For the pizza, I pile on the onions and bell peppers or mushrooms depending on my mood.

I haven't tried it yet, but someone recommended adding some shredded cabbage to the loaded mashed potatoes. I bought cabbage...but realized I'm out of the NS taters.
  • TheMommalBear
    TheMommalBear Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Salsbury steak &mac-n-chess when I had this I was a very happy camper.
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've added 1/3 cup of canned chicken to several items. Try it on the pizza with peppers and onions. Pretty darn good.
  • GoForthandBeAwesome
    GoForthandBeAwesome Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I finally tried the Arroz con Pollo. It's pretty much the same as the Red Beans and Rice but with chicken instead of sausage and with a few changes in the spices. Not bad. Also tried the frozen chef's table sausage and bell peppers. Not good. Couldn't eat it. :confounded: But apparently it gets good reviews.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    First time I tried the hickory smoked burger, I wasn't a fan. I had it yesterday and I must say...I really liked it. I put some baby portabella mushrooms and onions in my lunchcrock with the burger and some stadium mustard stirred in. Pretty yummy!

sznsido, so you didn't add liquid or anything ... just added the raw mushrooms/onions with broken up (?) burger, and stirred in mustard? (how much mustard?) ...

• mrs17alvarez
    mrs17alvarez Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Ok, I was happy with all of my food today --- The Nutriflakes were good, the Ham and Bean Soup was great, and I really liked the Ravioli and Meat Sauce tonight for dinner. If I think about the 24 NS meals I've had (8 days worth) there really has only been 1 that I really didn't care for (I ate it, but didn't care for it). That's pretty darn good in my opinion!

which one did you not like?

The only one I really didn't like was the Chicken Alfredo in the FF.

I wasn't a fan of the chicken alfredo at first either. But then I threw a little Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce on top. It spiced it up big time and had the flavor of chicken wings. Now I LOVE it! (As my side dish, I like to have raw carrots and celery with some Bolt House Farms Chunky Blue Cheese dressing to dip in because then I really feel like I'm having a chicken wing experience, ha ha.) :)
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Nice mind over matter move mrs17alvarez. Way to make it work for you!
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    I don't think I'm a big fan of the tortilla chips by themselves, BUT I've seen a few food tweaks using them that I think will work fine. I think that will be my plan going forward with them rather than a stand alone snack. the crunch is nice though --- I'm thinking they might also be a good base for some nachos . . . :)
  • klriano
    klriano Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I did something similar, Sauteed some baby 'bellas & mushrooms (ok, a bunch of them)..added some low-sodium beef broth and a 1/2 teaspoon of corn starch to make a brown gravy and then simmered the patty in it. Put it over a slice of Pepperidge Farm Diet 7-grain (45c per slice) and made the maple carrots as a side. It was wonderful!
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options

sznsido, so you didn't add liquid or anything ... just added the raw mushrooms/onions with broken up (?) burger, and stirred in mustard? (how much mustard?) ...
    sorry, I just saw this. I did not add any liquid. I threw everything in the lunch crock at when it was done I just squirt the mustard in for about another half an hour.
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Thanks, sznsido
  • Whosebeeping
    Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I did not like chicken and roasted vegetables dinner. Blah. Way to much poultry seasoning included. Blah. Not sure there is s way to salvage that meal!!
  • Nightingale2200
    Options
    Had the Thick Crust Pizza for supper w/red onions/green peppers/mushrooms on top.

And, later the Golden Pound Cake. I made my own buttercreme frosting and I thought I was in heaven.

• Nightingale2200
    Options
    My 2 faves are the chicken bacon ranch pizza and the loaded baked potato. I'm new here btw, hi everyone :)

Welcome, TheMommalBear. :) I am Flo.

• dottieketostrong
    dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I like everything!!! My faves are the hamburger, lasagna, stuffed shells, meatloaf sandwich, turkey medallions, and mushroom stuffed chicken breast. My favorite ounces are the steak and cheese melt, broccoli cheese melt...well all the melts. Breakfast favs are the French toast, egg s d turkey muffin, and double chocolate muffin.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    I like everything!!! My faves are the hamburger, lasagna, stuffed shells, meatloaf sandwich, turkey medallions, and mushroom stuffed chicken breast. My favorite ounces are the steak and cheese melt, broccoli cheese melt...well all the melts. Breakfast favs are the French toast, egg s d turkey muffin, and double chocolate muffin.

Glad to hear about the melts -- i just ordered a 7 day frozen Melt sampler pack, so I'm excited to get it! I'm grateful that I can buy the dbl Choc muffins at my local Walmart --- I wish that were true with all of the food!!! Then I could just 'grocery shop' and pick/choose a little bit more . . .
  • kayakqueen53
    kayakqueen53 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    There have been a few things I don't care for. It's not that I hate them. They aren't that good that I'd want to order them again. I love the chicken alfredo (adding mushrooms and herbs), the chicken enchiladas, rotini and meatballs, the broccoli stuffed chicken, and any of the frozen pizzas. I save the frozen meals for weekends so I have something to look forward to.
  • Stewartsmom1
    Stewartsmom1 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this thread also. I love the enchilada, turkey medallions (frozen), and the margarita pizza. I don't care for the chicken Alfredo either.
    I actually like all the lunches, boxed and frozen. I hadn't heard about the new steak meal. Might have to order one since my box will be shipped soon.