NS Food on Review

Options

Replies

• pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You know, after going a whole week with no starchy veggies, that Loaded Baked Potato tasted fabulous with a little broccoli added to it for lunch. I know they were potato flakes, but I dang near licked the bowl . . .
  • garnetbutterfly131
    garnetbutterfly131 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The new frozen steak dinner is really good. I rank it up there with the frozen turkey. I had the new frozen chicken and vegetables tonight which I hated!
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You know, after going a whole week with no starchy veggies, that Loaded Baked Potato tasted fabulous with a little broccoli added to it for lunch. I know they were potato flakes, but I dang near licked the bowl . . .

I don't do this more than once a month but I like to put the vegetable beef stew over a half container of the loaded baked potato. It's like comfort food to me.

The new frozen steak dinner is really good. I rank it up there with the frozen turkey. I had the new frozen chicken and vegetables tonight which I hated!

I haven't even seen the new frozen steak dinner. You're not talking about the Salisbury Steak are you?
  • garnetbutterfly131
    garnetbutterfly131 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    No, The Steak Tagliata. It's brand new. They happened to release it the day before my order had to be in. It's really good.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Last night of FF and had the Lasagne with Meat Sauce -- was far better than I anticipated! So far, the Chicken Alfredo is the only one I really didn't care for. Tomorrow, the more standard fare :)
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    No, The Steak Tagliata. It's brand new. They happened to release it the day before my order had to be in. It's really good.

Yay! I'll look for it next time!

• pattyperkins927
    Options
    Redsy1965 wrote: »
    I was pleasantly surprised with the ham and bean soup also. Avoided it for awhile!

Good to hear -- that is slated for my lunch tomorrow :)
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Did you know they put peas in the lasagna with meat sauce? It's really good. I was just really surprised to see a pea in there. lol
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Did you know they put peas in the lasagna with meat sauce? It's really good. I was just really surprised to see a pea in there. lol
    I noticed beans and mushrooms in particular --- I didn't notice peas (I like them anyway though). I was just surprised that it was as good as it was. And to be honest, I can really say that about most of the food I've had so far. Very pleasantly surprised :)
  • TheMommalBear
    TheMommalBear Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My 2 faves are the chicken bacon ranch pizza and the loaded baked potato. I'm new here btw, hi everyone :)
  • TheDaddyBear
    TheDaddyBear Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yay finally got you set up on here! That's my wifey :wink:
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi MommaBear. Welcome to the group! I love the bacon ranch pizza as well. :wink:
  • TheMommalBear
    TheMommalBear Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GoForthandBeAwesome
    GoForthandBeAwesome Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I really taste the beans especially in the lasagne, and it's fine with me -- one of my favorite meals! :)
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome!
  • Redsy1965
    Redsy1965 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love the loaded baked potato!
  • jringold1
    jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I had the meatloaf and mashed potato last night. It looked nothing like its box picture. It wasn't horrible but out of my 4 months on NS, this one is pretty much at the bottom of my list. Glad I only ordered one to give it a try. I'm doing the Santa Fe Chicken tonight. I've had that one before and love it.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    Ok, I was happy with all of my food today --- The Nutriflakes were good, the Ham and Bean Soup was great, and I really liked the Ravioli and Meat Sauce tonight for dinner. If I think about the 24 NS meals I've had (8 days worth) there really has only been 1 that I really didn't care for (I ate it, but didn't care for it). That's pretty darn good in my opinion!
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ok, I was happy with all of my food today --- The Nutriflakes were good, the Ham and Bean Soup was great, and I really liked the Ravioli and Meat Sauce tonight for dinner. If I think about the 24 NS meals I've had (8 days worth) there really has only been 1 that I really didn't care for (I ate it, but didn't care for it). That's pretty darn good in my opinion!

which one did you not like?
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Patty - The Ravioli and Meat Sauce is awesome over spaghetti squash. Really filling and you get a veggie serving in.