NS Food on Review

Options
Shie1
Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
I just finished the frozen enchilada dinner, and it was fantabulous (not to be confused with Flabulous ;) ). It really rivals my all time favorite ... Turkey medallions (also frozen). If you are jonesing for Mexican food, this is a definite try.

Replies

• TheDaddyBear
    TheDaddyBear Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    While I agree with you on the Turkey Medallions, I wasn't a fan of the enchilada at all. I'm probably just spoiled by the wifey's homemade ones but it didn't hit the spot for me at all. But you never know what you might like..I didn't expect to enjoy the chicken pot pie for example.

That's why I try one of everything :)
  • Shie1
    Options
    Lol I believe if I tasted your wife's enchiladas I wouldn't like the NS one either. ;) But we work with what we got...right? I do the try it myself too, but there was something everyone said was horrid...meatloaf and mashed potato....and I refuse to waste an order on it. I will try the chicken pot pie on your say do. I'll come looking for you if it isn't good. Lol Ty and Enjoy your evening.
  • grmshelle
    grmshelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Same here on the chicken pot pie...I was surprised I liked it.
  • Shie1
    Options
    grmshelle wrote: »

I will definitely try it. Ty!
  • grmshelle
    grmshelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My favs...Ham & Bean Soup, Fetuccine Alfredo and Italian Flat Bread Pizza.
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I thought the chicken abd veggies were great. It was nice having "chunks" of meat in one of my meals. I wish the bread would have been a little more flakey. I found it to be a little hard to cut through with a spoon. In the future, I will probably break up the crust before throwing in the microwave.

• sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Shie1 wrote: »
    I just finished the frozen enchilada dinner, and it was fantabulous (not to be confused with Flabulous ;) ). It really rivals my all time favorite ... Turkey medallions (also frozen). If you are jonesing for Mexican food, this is a definite try.

flabulous...like it!
  • Shie1
    Options
    sznsido wrote: »

flabulous...like it!

You got it. That was for you. :)
  • sznsido
    Options

flabulous...like it!

thanks pal!!!
  • sznsido
    Options

flabulous...like it!

thanks pal!!!
    I take that back...thanks "my fitness pal". haha
  • jringold1
    jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This must be enchilada night - that is what I had as well. I was really surprised to find that the mushroom stuffed chicken made it to my top 5 list of favorites. I haven't had anything that I haven't liked but my all time favorite is not a meal - it is the stuffed apple pie. Last order I got 10 of them!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Seas ginger chicken...I believe that's it's name....is mostly sauce with a decent amount of rice, but the chicken got lost ....not bad flavor but needs adding to give it body....
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I always order at least a couple of the enchiladas. Nice when you just are wanting Mexican food but don't want all the calories! Now the chicken pot pie.... it's on my do not order ever again list. ;)
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    But you never know what you might like..I didn't expect to enjoy the chicken pot pie for example.

That's why I try one of everything :)

I agree with you on that Chicken Pot Pie - it surprised me :)
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    I thought the chicken abd veggies were great. It was nice having "chunks" of meat in one of my meals. I wish the bread would have been a little more flakey. I found it to be a little hard to cut through with a spoon. In the future, I will probably break up the crust before throwing in the microwave.

While I thought the taste was great, I couldn't quite figure out how they could make that crust so flakey and yet so tough at the same time. It was nice to have a bread/crackery-type substance anyway though :)
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    tobefitJen wrote: »
    I always order at least a couple of the enchiladas. Nice when you just are wanting Mexican food but don't want all the calories! Now the chicken pot pie.... it's on my do not order ever again list. ;)

I don't suppose you liked the Chicken Alfredo, did you? I sure don't, and I'd trade ya for your Chicken Pot Pie . . .
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    My favs...Ham & Bean Soup, Fetuccine Alfredo and Italian Flat Bread Pizza.

I'm glad to hear you like the ham & bean soup. I've been avoiding even trying it. That's encouraging...thanks.

My fav is the flat bread or regular pizza!!! I add tons of veggies and some garlic powered, pop it in the oven, and sit back and ENJOY it. For the fetuccini, I add diced bell pepper to it.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I upped my order of ham and beans soup. I really like that.
  • Redsy1965
    Redsy1965 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was pleasantly surprised with the ham and bean soup also. Avoided it for awhile!
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    tobefitJen wrote: »

I don't suppose you liked the Chicken Alfredo, did you? I sure don't, and I'd trade ya for your Chicken Pot Pie . . .

No sorry, I don't like that one either. Funny because I did like it the first time but the 2nd time.. I couldn't even finish it.