NS Food on Review

Options

Replies

• pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    [I really need to proof better before I hit send, since there is no way to go back and edit. My apologies. I really do know grammar and spelling!!]
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    I really do know grammar and spelling! I just need to slow down and proof better before I hit send since I can't go back and edit! My apologies :blush:
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ChrisS115 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, I'm posting to this thread for the first time. I was wondering if anyone had tried the new SS Macaroni & Cheese with turkey sausage? It has full stars on the NS site but they are from only 1 person's review. My order ships out today so I can't order until the next one but I thought I would ask while I am thinking about it.

Hi Chris and Welcome!
    I have one coming in my next shipment due next week. I was wondering the same!
  • Griffin5413
    Griffin5413 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yesterday I had the Meatball Parmesean sandwhich for lunch and I thought it was great. My husband had the 4 cheese melt and he loved his. We are both big sandwich lovers so to have that as an option was really nice! I had the enchilladas the other night and thought they were a pretty good alternative for the mexican food I was craving. The only this was I had to add some hot sauce for a little more flavor.
  • 1Ginabb
    1Ginabb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love the White Chix Chili, and cheese tortellini for lunch. For dinner my favs are flat bread pizza, turkey and dressing and chicken alfredo. I see many of you are ordering the frozen. I haven't yet, it's more money. I wonder if we can try the Uniquely Yours for a month then go back down to the custom. I just don't know if I can afford $330 a month. Right now I'm paying $254 for the custom. I hear I can save more by giving them my medical insurance information...I need to do that. Does anyone know how much you can save on that discount?
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I cooked some spaghetti squash for the first time. I used it as a side with my lasagna and it worked great to eat along with the left over sauce they add. Yes it does look like spaghetti and tastes just as good as a substitute.
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Options
    1Ginabb wrote: »
    I love the White Chix Chili, and cheese tortellini for lunch. For dinner my favs are flat bread pizza, turkey and dressing and chicken alfredo. I see many of you are ordering the frozen. I haven't yet, it's more money. I wonder if we can try the Uniquely Yours for a month then go back down to the custom. I just don't know if I can afford $330 a month. Right now I'm paying $254 for the custom. I hear I can save more by giving them my medical insurance information...I need to do that. Does anyone know how much you can save on that discount?
    I think it's around 10-12%. I looked at my account and saw a member discount for $36 and change. That might be the health insurance discount but I'm not sure. It's easy to get. Just call customer service and tell them what carrier you use.

• pattyperkins927
    Options
    MsDimeo wrote: »
    I cooked some spaghetti squash for the first time. I used it as a side with my lasagna and it worked great to eat along with the left over sauce they add. Yes it does look like spaghetti and tastes just as good as a substitute.

Good to know -- I bought one this week and haven't cooked it yet :)
  • pattyperkins927
    Options

If you want to try some frozen things but don't want to swtich plans, you can pick up the samplers a la carte (you can't buy the individual frozen meals, but for example I bought 7 of the frozen melts in their lunch sampler. Just a thought.
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

There is a "Select 10" in the sampler - 10 days of frozen meals for $149.99. I ordered one last night (used Costco cards).
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    It depends on your healthcare provider...I know blue cross is 12%.... Also Costco sells no giftcards regular price is $80 for a $100 value card....twice a year they go on sale for $60 for a $100 value card.....I'm on the regular plan cuz of the cost, too.....it gets boring, but as long as I lose weight and keep feeling this good I will survive without the frozen foods!

• evhutchings
    Options
    MsDimeo wrote: »
    I put the pasta on the cooked spaghetti squash and bake it in the oven for 15 min at 350......
  • evhutchings
    Options
    That's ns not no giftcards...I hate autocorrect!!!!!

• sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options

There is a "Select 10" in the sampler - 10 days of frozen meals for $149.99. I ordered one last night (used Costco cards).
    I did too. I got mine on Thursday. Nice change from the prepackaged stuff. I have a new supply of that as well but after that's gone, I'm going frozen.
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    I had the Tuscan Inspired Pasta tonight --- I thought it was pretty good. i can't recall who told me that they like to take the beef stew and eat it over the loaded mashed potato as comfort food, but this would be another one of those. Lots of gravy in this baby that would probably be really good over potatoes too. It was substantial enough that I really feel like I ate dinner.
  • 1Ginabb
    Options
    Thanks guys, I heard about the Costco giftcards from another member...going to have to try that.
  • dottieketostrong
    dottieketostrong Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The frozen is more, but to me it's worth it! The only ready-to-go that I really like is the lasagna and the ravioli. I don't like the frozen desserts as much. Even though the are very good, they are too small. I like the candy bar type desserts or the chocolate covered pretzels.
  • 1Ginabb
    Options
    The frozen is more, but to me it's worth it! The only ready-to-go that I really like is the lasagna and the ravioli. I don't like the frozen desserts as much. Even though the are very good, they are too small. I like the candy bar type desserts or the chocolate covered pretzels.

Chocolate covered pretzels are one of my favs. I also love the yellow pound cake. It's very moist and delicious. I have a little ritual, every evening about and hour after dinner, but at least 1.5 hours before bed, I have my sweet dessert with a large cup of coffee (with fat and sugar free flavored creamer) and it's like wiping away the day. Such a stress reliever.
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just got an email about the buy one get one free smoothies. I added them to my order and got an additional 20% off and free shipping. I hope I like them. I have had a few frozen meals with my sampler. To be honest...I didn't really enjoy the egg with turkey ham omelette. The salsbury steak was just okay and the turkey medallions were just okay as well. I really enjoyed the mushroom stuffed chicken breast. I am trying to get through my gift cards asap because I feel like I am just about ready to try this on my own. I have about 3 months left with nutrisystem. Good luck everyone!
  • pattyperkins927
    Options
    sznsido wrote: »
    I just got an email about the buy one get one free smoothies. I added them to my order and got an additional 20% off and free shipping. I hope I like them. I have had a few frozen meals with my sampler. To be honest...I didn't really enjoy the egg with turkey ham omelette. The salsbury steak was just okay and the turkey medallions were just okay as well. I really enjoyed the mushroom stuffed chicken breast. I am trying to get through my gift cards asap because I feel like I am just about ready to try this on my own. I have about 3 months left with nutrisystem. Good luck everyone!

I almost got the smoothie deal yesterday, but didn't. You'll have to let me know how you like them. What flavor did you get? I was toying with the Tropical . . .