Monique's JMBR 90 day journey

Options
moniquedeanne
moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
I finished Round 1 of JMBR back in February and since then I've been really wishy-washy about my workouts and sticking to a set plan. I felt so good after I finished this program that I've decided to do it again.

I'd love to hear feed back from others doing the program also. Misery loves company.

I did Workout 1 today and although it wasn't difficult it was tiring. I have a feeling that I will be sore tomorrow. My arms were shaking after my workout when I was washing my hair, that really surprised me.

So far Day 1 of my diet has been good. I'm not following the meal plan, but I am going to try and stick to a healthy mostly clean diet eating around 1500 calories a day. This is going to be the toughest part I think. I have so many little mini-trips planned and I have a feeling eating properly is going to be the biggest challenge.

Replies

• moniquedeanne
    Options
    Day 2 Workout 2, today went pretty well. I was a little sore from yesterday. I ended up playing soccer drills with my hubby and I think that's where most of my soreness came from. Looking forward to a little cardio tomorrow.
  • piscean6
    piscean6 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good job. Keep it up.
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    Ok, so I finished my first Week last week and I missed a Cardio 1. I went away for the weekend on a mini-vacation and had way too much fun. I had so much trouble starting Week 2 this week. I didn't start my workouts until today (Friday). I'll be doubling up all weekend just to stay on track and I still have an extra Cardio to do. Looking forward to Monday when I'll start Workouts 3 & 4.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Good effort on catching up!
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    So I went on vacation and fell off my eating right and working out wagon. I'm so frustrated with myself. So instead of just whining about it and feeling sorry for myself. I'm going to step away from the brownies and re-start the program from the beginning. Today's my cardio day and I'm not exactly looking forward to it because I'm surprisingly sore from Workouts 1 & 2. No excuses time to get my Cardio 1 time on.
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    Got through Cardio 1 the other day its wasn't bad at all I don't know why I was dreading it. Did Workout 1 again today and really enjoyed it.
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    Week 1 complete and down 4lbs. I'm pretty happy with the weight loss. I'm hoping to keep up the good work with the diet. Started Week 2 today and easily got through Workout 1 with added the harder modifications.
  • annie_e12
    annie_e12 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You are off to a great start! I'm just starting week 3 for the first time, but I'm already seeing results. I love this program!
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    I love weeks 3 & 4 I can't wait to start them next week.

Only 3 more workouts this week and then I'm done with Week 2. I skipped a workout yesterday so I doubled up today and got back on track. I can't wait to be finished with Phase 1. I feel like once I accomplish that I'll be well on my way to meeting my workout and weight-loss goals.
  • moniquedeanne
    Options
    Did workout 3 yesterday and it was tougher than I thought it would be. Or I was more tired than I should have been. I can't wait for Phase 1 to be over with. I think I see results, but without measurements I can't be sure. I think I'll take some tomorrow. I've also added a 2 day a week full body heavy lifting split with added cardio after. I've really been enjoying that. I added in some yoga last week too and that felt wonderful. I think I'm going to try and take one yoga class a week for stretching and relaxation.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Did workout 3 yesterday and it was tougher than I thought it would be. Or I was more tired than I should have been. I can't wait for Phase 1 to be over with. I think I see results, but without measurements I can't be sure. I think I'll take some tomorrow. I've also added a 2 day a week full body heavy lifting split with added cardio after. I've really been enjoying that. I added in some yoga last week too and that felt wonderful. I think I'm going to try and take one yoga class a week for stretching and relaxation.

My husband and I do a bedtime yoga session every night and it's been helping my sore muscles SO much since starting BR. Especially the calves! So sore and tight! I love mixing yoga with something like BR. Maybe it's just me, but I love strengthening and stretching together. Seems like they were made for each other!