Anybody else using chalean extreme ATM?

Options
Jennms85
Jennms85 Posts: 49 Member
Am currently on week 4 of burn phase. A week into the program I was down 4 lbs and immediately felt tighter and more toned. Am waiting for end of week 4 to compare photos but feel like progress has slowed. I had lost 7 lbs and 3 seemed to creep back up. I know with weight lifting you need to try and steer away from worrying about weight but I can't help but check my weight daily. I eat fairly and about 1400 calories a day. I always eat more protein and fibre then is recommended for my size.
Also am not seeing as much result in my lower abdomen as I wanted. Any suggestions for incorporating more ab work and cardio into the schedule?

Replies

• teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Am currently on week 4 of burn phase. A week into the program I was down 4 lbs and immediately felt tighter and more toned. Am waiting for end of week 4 to compare photos but feel like progress has slowed. I had lost 7 lbs and 3 seemed to creep back up. I know with weight lifting you need to try and steer away from worrying about weight but I can't help but check my weight daily. I eat fairly and about 1400 calories a day. I always eat more protein and fibre then is recommended for my size.
    Also am not seeing as much result in my lower abdomen as I wanted. Any suggestions for incorporating more ab work and cardio into the schedule?

Hi

There are 2 other females doing ChaLEAN Extreme. I forget their user names. Are you in my Facebook Group? I had several other members ask me about lower abs and for advice. I posted an article in my Facebook Group by Chalene Johnson.

My Facebook Group link is below. It is a great article with several tips. If anyone else wants to join my Facebook group you are welcome to join. I currently have 50 members and I am receiving requests almost daily. It is a very motivating group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/527307200663612/
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    I'm not doing Chalean. I may get it later. I'm doing mostly free weight work on my own. I did body building about two years ago so I felt like I could answer your q's.

First, weigh if you must, but the scale is not a good indicator when doing intense weight lifting. Body Fat % & tape measures are. I had a stint where for 3 months I lost absolutely no lbs, but dropped inches & BF like crazy. I'm not sure how you're eating and that will play a part in it too.

I can also tell you that the lower abs are typically the very last place where you will see a huge difference. I dropped down to 14% BF and still had lower ab going on...it takes time to whittle that area down as it is where women store fat. Also, even if you don't have a lot to lose, it seems skin shrinkage takes a while there too.

My advice, forget about what you're not seeing. Focus on all the changes that you notice now. The rest will come along. It is going to take a little time so enjoy the process.