Chicago dream trip - how to ️Keto when I'm on the go!?!?

kerrihwilson
kerrihwilson Posts: 30 Member
I've been given the gift of travel to the city of Chicago ... I'm doing so well o ️Keto - finally hit my stage 1 goal of out of the 140's before my trip ( from estimated 155 ish or more). I started in January. Please send me suggestions ... I don't know what I'll do without my bpc and coconut oil! Will be staying in a hotel and eating all my meals out.

Help I leave on Wednesday April 29th!!!

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    How long a trip? Ever done any IF'ing? Will your hotel have a frigde? Are you flying or driving in?
  • rkufeke
    rkufeke Posts: 73 Member
    Burgers without a bun are a pretty easy thing to get while out... Supposedly some of the small independent coffee shops offer BPC... But otherwise maybe you could pick up some butter and coconut oil when you get there and take a stick blender or magic bullet with you? Mostly when eating out I stay away from anything with any kind of sauce, because a lot of sauces will have sugar or corn starch in them... I go for just meat & veggies/salad.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Knitormiss makes her bpt in a bottle-just shake to blend. I can confirm it works well with butter pats and half and half if you don't have access to hwc.
  • kerrihwilson
    kirkor wrote: »
    How long a trip? Ever done any IF'ing? Will your hotel have a frigde? Are you flying or driving in?

The trip is 5 days - I kind of if - breakfast for me is billet proof coffee and that lasts me until I get a chance to eat again ... Between 2 and 4 depending on my day. I have no idea about the hotel ... We are flying but it's a 2 hour direct flight so meals won't be a problem While flying.

I'm traveling with someone who doesn't understand coffee and certainly won't understand bullet proof coffee lol yet I'm not sure how I'll live without it. I like the shaking it in a jar option. Good call on that one!

I'll pack my coconut oil and stevia ... ( in my suitcase ) Don't use Hwc everytime as it is. Thanks for that thought!

The rest of the meals I know I'll manage - I just remembered that I have a milk frother ... Batter powered. I wonder if it will work for this?!?

:)
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,071 Member
    Let me know how you do. I see you are from Manitoba ! I'm taking the train to Churchill in the summer, and I'm worried about what I will eat along the way especially. At least you are going to Chicago ( Chicago's beautiful )and there will be many options for you. I'm going to pack some macadamia nuts, maybe some coconut oil, but I won't be able to bring perishable food, so might try making some beef jerky. I'm not sure what else to do.
  • kerrihwilson
    My bf worked in Churchill before he met me ... He says good things about it there.

Well BPC without the dairy is an option. Boullion broth cubes ... Jerky is good. Can you take canned food like tuna? Or salmon.

My typical work day is like this. BPC Lunch is salmon with mayo ( I've seen pkgs of mayo on restaurants like they have ketchup packets). And broth. Supper is usually meat and salad or just meat and veg. Snacks are almonds, ️fat bombs, and sugar free jello ( and cheese strings). If you can do canned food that might help
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,071 Member
    Yeah, I'm excited about Churchill, and hope to find restaurants serving wild meat, but the train trip has me worried. 1.5 days there and 1.5 days back, with no option to modify the menu, so I figured I'd better bring something with me. Canned fish is a good idea. I wonder if the mayo packs need to be refrigerated ? I can't do commercial bouillion, too much extra stuff I won't eat in it, like sugar and MSG, even in the organic ones. Thanks for the idea of canned food. I seldom buy canned food, never even thought of it.
  • rkufeke
    rkufeke Posts: 73 Member
    edited April 2015
    Mayo packets don't have to be refrigerated... Here you can find them in the deli section at grocery stores... (For free, by where you get silverware and stuff for the prepared foods you can buy)