Elimination Diet and the results/ Clean Diet

Options
dunedingirl
dunedingirl Posts: 12 Member
Well, Tuesday will be 3 weeks since I started eating clean and cutting out a lot of things from my diet. I feel better than I have in years, people say I'm glowing (which I find amusing) and I was down 9 lbs. in 2 weeks & will update when I weigh myself Tuesday.
After Tuesday, I start reintroducing foods and write down what effect it has on my body. Gluten Wednesday, clean diet for the next 2 days, then dairy for a whole day then 2 days of clean again. I will be interested to see what causes the inflammation.......if you're wondering what diet I'm following, it's by Dr Junger but I am not following it to that extreme. I have a smoothie in the morning and solid food for lunch and dinner.
I have added a glutamine supplement in the morning as soon as I wake up and let it sit in my stomach for 20 minutes or so before drinking a big glass of water, then my smoothie. Light lunch and then dinner. I take a 1/2 teaspoon of Natural Calm around 9pm, which is a magnesium supplement. I also bought a Clean kit from Whole Foods for $13.99 which included milk thistle, fiber and an all natural herbal laxative which is not as bad as you think. Not that kind of laxative...no bad feelings at all.

If anyone has any questions or advice, I would love to hear it. Heading to Europe next month and want to find out what is causing me so much pain all the time...So far, SO GOOD :)

I would love new friends that log in on a consistent basis and can keep me on the straight and narrow. So far I have not cheated and feel so good I don't want to!!!!

Replies

• rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Sounds like a solid plan! There are other mfp folks that journal often as they introduce new foods. It's a great way to narrow down the issues.

Hubby and I have been eating clean since January. We feel the elevated quality of food and paying close attention to our macros have contributed to our success and feeling full.

I don't take any supplements, as I really feel the variety in our diet provides most of what we need. I did need to increase my fiber intake to stay "regular."

Just cutting out the processed over sugary ingredients had made a huge difference for us. We're in our mid 40s and feel better than we have in a long time.

Regards, Robin

• darcillaO
    darcillaO Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I begin Dr Junger's Clean Gut elimination may 4th...
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    darcillaO wrote: »

May the 4th be with you.

Sorry, I had to say it....
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    darcillaO wrote: »

May the 4th be with you.

Sorry, I had to say it....

haha!! Somebody had to!