Should I change my food prep?

JanerichoC18
JanerichoC18 Posts: 32 Member
Would anyone mind checking my pre logged food for tomorrow (4/27)? I made a few small changes this week. The numbers look good, works out on the calculator, but I am still relatively new to this so I want to get as many opinions as possible. I precook everything and even have the keto fluff made in bulk so it will be ready all week. portions and measured or weighed so it should be about as accurate as I can get.

I would appreciate any feedback, thanks!!

Replies

• kerrihwilson
    kerrihwilson Posts: 30 Member
    You drink a lot of water!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Your diary is closed, you can befriend me :)
  • JanerichoC18
    It is? It should be open, I will add you, also yeah I drink a crap load of water - I am 285-290 pounds (depends on the day) and I work out twice a day. A friend of mine who is a trainer put me from 50% to 75% of my bodyweight with water because I burn 5000+ calories a day now (thank you fitbit)
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    What is your goal? To lose or to gain? What are your macros like and your carb limit? Your food looks good, I think you need more fat but I can't tell from my phone your macro settings
  • JanerichoC18
    I am trying to lose another 45ish pounds. Calorie limit (2600) was set by me, I set it for 5%/20%/75% so 33/130/217. I am set up for 2604 (still a good deficit) 36/130/218, with 13 fiber and 10 sugar. My concern was more the food choices I feel like I am reliant on heavy cream, I also was worried my carbs were high at 36 (23 net). The numbers look right, but before I run off with eating this for 5 days I wanted to be sure.

Now that I type it all out I guess I am more concerned with the food choices because the numbers look right but again, I am new to this... On a side note I will never give up my pumpkin spice keto fluff haha.
  • Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    I think it looks pretty good. If you are worried about the reliance on heavy cream, you can do one of two things, see if you continue to lose while drinking the same amount, or you can switch to other fat options such as coconut oil or avocado, etc.
  • Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Also, can I have your pumpkin keto fluff recipe, please?
  • JanerichoC18
    I'll give those a shot after I monitor for a week, and absolutely!

8 oz cream cheese
    4 oz heavy cream
    4 Tbsp sour cream
    4 Tbsp Torani Sugarfree Syrup (I use French Vanilla)
    0.5tbsp pumpkin spice
    0.5tbsp cinnamon
    1tbsp light brown sugar

I usually go slightly over on sour cream and heavy cream, thoroughly mix until it's like whipped cream, I also double everything when I make it and do 3 oz portions. if you double at 3oz you're looking at roughly 8 servings.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    I'll give those a shot after I monitor for a week, and absolutely!

8 oz cream cheese
    4 oz heavy cream
    4 Tbsp sour cream
    4 Tbsp Torani Sugarfree Syrup (I use French Vanilla)
    0.5tbsp pumpkin spice
    0.5tbsp cinnamon
    1tbsp light brown sugar

I usually go slightly over on sour cream and heavy cream, thoroughly mix until it's like whipped cream, I also double everything when I make it and do 3 oz portions. if you double at 3oz you're looking at roughly 8 servings.

So, since I can't find Torani syrups here easily (and am not in a position currently to order anything online), could I use actual vanilla and my regular stevia? What does someone think the translation would be?
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    They have them at Wal Mart. Top shelf coffee section in our stores. I think it's that brand. Have bought in the past (couple years ago).
  • KnitOrMiss
    Karlottap wrote: »
    They have them at Wal Mart. Top shelf coffee section in our stores. I think it's that brand. Have bought in the past (couple years ago).

My walmart only has the leaded ones (full sugar) and the only place that carries the SF has them priced at like $6 each... So not feasible. And it only has one SF flavor. Something weird... hazelnut I think? French Vanilla or Caramel would be welcome!
  • JanerichoC18
    Not really sure what else to use, I use Torani SF because it's pretty much 0 everything nutritionally (and it was on the original recipe I found.) I'll look around and see what else I can find.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Not really sure what else to use, I use Torani SF because it's pretty much 0 everything nutritionally (and it was on the original recipe I found.) I'll look around and see what else I can find.

No worries. I'm just very sensitive to certain artificial sweeteners, and so I'm reluctant to branch out into a semi-expensive venture just to try something I might not be able to have....

I tried that Walden Farms or whatever, and I got almost an instant migraine. I never did figure out which ingredient triggered it, but I've NEVER had that strong a reaction from any other AS item.... Not even close.
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Is there actually supposed to be any canned pumpkin in that recipe?
  • KnitOrMiss

Hahaha...didn't even catch that. Definitely looks like it's missing that. There are other Keto Pumpkin Fluff recipes out there, too, that do indeed have canned pumpkin.
  • sljohnson1207
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

Hahaha...didn't even catch that. Definitely looks like it's missing that. There are other Keto Pumpkin Fluff recipes out there, too, that do indeed have canned pumpkin.

Inquiring minds want to know, OP....it looks/sounds delicious!
  • JanerichoC18
    Nope! I went Pumpkin Spice on mine, I sorta want to try it with canned pumpkin now if it fits keto-wise... Guess I know what I will be experimenting with this weekend!
  • sljohnson1207
    Nope! I went Pumpkin Spice on mine, I sorta want to try it with canned pumpkin now if it fits keto-wise... Guess I know what I will be experimenting with this weekend!

Do tell!!!