What to eat on zero carb

Options
Jennym93
Jennym93 Posts: 136 Member
I know to eat animal products but I am having such a hard time figuring out which to eat and how to cook them.
So far all I seem to eat is duck, chicken, bacon and eggs and I need a few more ideas as to what to eat them with and other meats, I'm still not a fan of fat on my meat if it's big chunks of chewy fat so I tend to cook in butter to replace that.
I really need some variety or I won't stick to this
I have to plan or I eat carbs so can anyone suggest any meal ideas?

Replies

• annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Are you on Pinterest? I got tons of meal ideas on there.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings (you'd be surprised how different deep-fried chicken is from roasted or grilled). Ham. Steak. Fish.

What to eat them with? Spices. Water. Mayo or butter (depends on what it is).

Apparently, boredom is not uncommon in the first couple of weeks. Stefanson talks about how some of his colleagues went 2-3 days without eating anything, because they were so sick of seal meat. Hunger eventually won out, and they eventually got to the point where they craved meat in general (though many were happy to never see another seal again, as I understood it).

Try to stick it out, it will pass as long as you stick with it. As @FIT_Goat has said before - if you're not hungry for meat, you're not really hungry.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Are you on Pinterest? I got tons of meal ideas on there.

This does no good without a link. :wink:

Please?
  • Twibbly
    edited April 2015
    Options
    LCHF isn't exactly what we're talking about here.

Zero carb - where the only vegetation is garnishing your steak or brewed in your cup.
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Oops,

https://www.pinterest.com/alpalex/no-carb-recipes/

Although I'm seeing some vegtables in those recipes too. I'd be eating a lot of bacon wrapped chicken thighs but even so they're better with jalapenos.
  • Jennym93
    Jennym93 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    thank you :)
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Oops,

https://www.pinterest.com/alpalex/no-carb-recipes/

Although I'm seeing some vegtables in those recipes too. I'd be eating a lot of bacon wrapped chicken thighs but even so they're better with jalapenos.

LOL. You mean jalapenos don't count as an herb? (and you forgot to stuff the chicken thigh with cream cheese first) :wink: