Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ceeeelebrate good times, COME ON!

NorahCait
NorahCait Posts: 325 Member
Ahh I'm so sorry to have missed out on this lovely trend, so now I'm going to make up for it!

It's been a big couple of weeks! Ben and I got married on Saturday, April 18, and everything was wonderful despite a million little things going wrong. Ben's family's rabbi officiated, and he did a fantastic job making it feel personal to us, while also keeping it universal. After the wedding weekend, we spent a couple of days in a local B&B to relax and decompress and it was absolutely perfect. We worked from home the rest of the week, and now we're finally getting back to normal life.

Beyond the whole getting married business, after tomorrow evening, I will be officially finished with my undergrad degree (after 10 years!) and Wednesday, I'll be accepting an award(?!?!) for outstanding research. I got the call about that Tuesday night while we were getting dessert, and I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. It's particularly unexpected because it was for research I wasn't even able to complete due to not being able to get data from the relevant government agencies hah!

Thank you all so so so much for being such a wonderful source of support over the last year. I'm looking forward to diving back in and reengaging with this great community now that school and wedding stuff are no longer dominating every second of my free time!

I'll have lots more wedding photos to share in about a month, but for now, I wanted to post a few that were taken by friends and family.

5t3uhjw26zls.jpg
After the rehearsal dinner, my mama, me, and her bestie, who is like a second mother to me.

idutwsm63ct0.jpg
My da, who surprised me by dancing to a couple of fast songs at the reception! So unexpected, as he is usually only barely willing to slow dance after much cajoling.

j22geboj4r63.jpg
My sister/friend, who made the trip out despite having so much going on in her life.

m72mfbn6n13j.jpg
My handsome brother!

o24hsqhjzp8f.jpg
My beautiful mama and me.

4b8mh2rtuy4i.jpg
In-laws, including my two-month old niece!

m8tkj3x7fp4l.jpg
Under the chuppah during the ceremony.

kl9379t3brs6.jpg
And probably my favorite photo from the day so far, taken while a dear friend was singing It's Only Time by The Magnetic Fields.

Replies

• ronercat
    ronercat Posts: 273 Member
    Congratulations! It looked like it was quite the beautiful wedding. Thank you for sharing some of the pictures with us. It has got to feel great to have so much accomplished in such a short time.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Welcome back and thank you for sharing with us your special time! The photos are lovely as you are. You are a beautiful bride!!! And you mom is gorgeous too as is your sister and brother!! Lovely family and lovely wedding!!
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Oh Norah!!!
    How lovely!!!
    Thank you for sharing the photos. You look absolutely stunning!
    K.
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Congrats Norah!! You look amazing! And so happy! Hugs!!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Congrats Norah. Everything looks amazing.