Game Plan

Options
nmb92883
nmb92883 Posts: 49 Member
My game plan for this month is to do 60mins on the elliptical EVERYDAY. (30 in the morning & 30 at night)

Then next month I haven't really figured it out yet... I know I want to add in the 30 day shred but haven't decided if I should stick w/ 60mins on the elliptical or drop it down to 30mins a day. I guess when the time gets here i'll know more about how my body will handle it and how much time I have in a day to get it all done since it is now summer time....

Hopefully by Aug. I'll have reached my goal weight for the very 1st time EVER!! I'm so excited yet scared at the same time. =( BUT FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!!!

Wish me luck!!

Replies

• freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

I think my game plan is going to mean slower loss. I did some really un-sustainable v low calorie/ v high activity stuff last year, lost the weight... the moment I stopped paying attention it all piled back on!

So this time it's almost like I'm in stealth mode with weight loss, I want to do it in a way that my body doesn't even notice (does that even make sense?!)

I have started walking to work- 30 mins each way. And if I can break out at lunch, I walk. And if I'm meeting people in town, I'll do my best to walk there if there's time.

Also the core of the Game Plan is to not be hungry but no spontaneous/ mindless snacking which was always my problem. Lots of veggies and protein. Brown rice/ pasta to keep me fuller with smaller portions and for longer.

Weighing all my food, no more "educated guessing" ie portion distortion until I have a good idea of what 100g looks like/ feels like. And I know what a balanced plate of food is like. Just resetting "normal"

I guess for me it's just got to be sustainable because I've been burned with doing too much too fast! I know for a lot of people it works but for me it was painful stepping on a scale just 3 months later and seeing all my hard work undone!
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    My game plan is to faithfully keep a food journal - in hopes of reducing mindless eating and empty calories...

Also daily exercise of some sort, and lots of sleep and water : )
  • lexylouise
    lexylouise Posts: 17
    Options
    My Game Plan...

I'm going to exercise 3 times a week minimum... I need to stick with it but every time i start i gain weight straight away so then i stop after a few weeks because i get sick of gaining even more weight...so im going to trust the process and stick with it.....
    Not going to lie; i feel this is going to be so hard...
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My game plan is to be under 1800 cals for the day, including any exercise.
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Some observations from the first two weeks of the "game plan"...

... I mindless-snack waaaaay more than I thought I did. I ate because food is delicious and I felt like eating. Now I have to pay attention to the temptations I must resist, it's all in sharp focus. I've never had the cash/opportunitiy to eat so constantly as I have in the last five years.

Things I resisted today:
    Chocolate croissant (I'd already had breakfast in the morning)
    French fries
    Birthday cake
    Chai latte
    Cookies... don't you hate it when somebody brings them to a meeting and that plate just stares at you for the next 30 mins...

I figure realistically I'd have crammed 500 cals without thinking AT LEAST. I guess it's important to know what your kryptonite is!
  • lexylouise
    lexylouise Posts: 17
    Options
    That is a MASSIVE achievement resisting all those things
    I'm lucky enough not to like cookies but Birthday cake!!!!!???!!?!

I used to do this thing where i give myself £1.00 for every 100 calories i resist in temptation and then i save that money; or i would just save the money i would have spent on the snack that i had resisted ;
    After a month when i had been good i could buy myself a nice handbag or nail varnish or beauty product to reward myself
    Think of the money you would have got from all that you have done today

Well done
    :)
  • nmb92883
    nmb92883 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Some observations from the first two weeks of the "game plan"...

... I mindless-snack waaaaay more than I thought I did. I ate because food is delicious and I felt like eating. Now I have to pay attention to the temptations I must resist, it's all in sharp focus. I've never had the cash/opportunitiy to eat so constantly as I have in the last five years.

Things I resisted today:
    Chocolate croissant (I'd already had breakfast in the morning)
    French fries
    Birthday cake
    Chai latte
    Cookies... don't you hate it when somebody brings them to a meeting and that plate just stares at you for the next 30 mins...

I figure realistically I'd have crammed 500 cals without thinking AT LEAST. I guess it's important to know what your kryptonite is!

I had read or heard something awhile ago called the 3 bite rule When it comes to snacks like that.... take 3 bites then leave it be. (kinda like the poison ivy rule.... leaves of 3 leave it be.....) The problem is stopping after 3 bites. But if u have the will power then ur good. But if not & its easier to not touch it at all i'd suggest that. Just something to keep in mind