low carb diet and YOUR results?

Options

Replies

• Becky_W25
    Becky_W25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    I haven't started a Keto diet yet/ Low carb diet. I was recommended by someone to join this page and it would be interesting to know if anyone had some useful links / recipes / routines for a diet such as this.
    You're all doing incredibly well in such a short amount of time and seem to be keeping it off! Well done all of you! :)
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    27 lbs in 4 months.
  • keybrdude
    keybrdude Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 14 pounds since I started keto about a month ago. Prior to that I was doing extreme dieting such as not eating anything except water and fiber gummies for a week at a time. I would lose weight but I would gain it back as soon as I stopped the dieting. LCHF is a lifestyle for me now.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 Even for postmenopausal women?

It didn't really break down by age, it was more of a anyone else, and others me tooing.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Started LCHF (20 carbs, +or-) on March 1. Since then I've lost 11 lbs. It's not as impressive a loss as others have had but I'm sticking with it and expecting it to get better.

11 pounds in two months is good, no matter what may happen with some other :) Congrats!

There is a thing called PISS, Post Induction Stall Syndrome, that happens to a lot of people. You drop a ton of water weight initially, as you mentioned losing most of what you've lost so far in the first 20 days, and then there's a stall. Usually its just a couple weeks for most people, but after my initial loss period when I first started keto, I didn't lose anything else for a month or so. I looked for all kinds of things that I could have been doing wrong (and there's nothing wrong with paying close attention to make sure you aren't getting hidden carbs or whatever), but in the end I was doing things just fine and it just took a little while for things to really get moving after that initial burst.
  • tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Maintained a 300 lb loss for 13 years. Gained some back during medical issues over a few years, have since lost 48 again since Thanksgiving.

awesome! amazing. You are my hero :)
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 Even for postmenopausal women?

It didn't really break down by age, it was more of a anyone else, and others me tooing.

Thanks. I respect what you have to say b/c of your fantastic loss. Really, really impressive!
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    radiii wrote: »
    Started LCHF (20 carbs, +or-) on March 1. Since then I've lost 11 lbs. It's not as impressive a loss as others have had but I'm sticking with it and expecting it to get better.

11 pounds in two months is good, no matter what may happen with some other :) Congrats!

There is a thing called PISS, Post Induction Stall Syndrome, that happens to a lot of people. You drop a ton of water weight initially, as you mentioned losing most of what you've lost so far in the first 20 days, and then there's a stall. Usually its just a couple weeks for most people, but after my initial loss period when I first started keto, I didn't lose anything else for a month or so. I looked for all kinds of things that I could have been doing wrong (and there's nothing wrong with paying close attention to make sure you aren't getting hidden carbs or whatever), but in the end I was doing things just fine and it just took a little while for things to really get moving after that initial burst.

Thanks, Radiii, that's good to remember! Don't think I've ever heard of PISS, but that seems very possibly what I'm doing. I'll definitely watch for carb creep and keep doing what I know to do. Eventually, it's gotta give, right? When that happens I'll be the happiest old lady in town.

Perspective. I've gotta keep perspective. Thanks.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Day 65 and I'm down 12.4 pounds from my start weight. I think I'm in the middle of some PISS myself, but I'm cutting dairy for a couple days just to see what that does.
  • jmarton1977
    jmarton1977 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been doing LC for about 8 months and am down 35. Halfway to my ultimate goal of 70. I get frustrated sometimes that I'm losing slower than others, but I'm still losing so I try to remember that this is all about ME and not about other people, and to keep going.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Becky_W25 wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I haven't started a Keto diet yet/ Low carb diet. I was recommended by someone to join this page and it would be interesting to know if anyone had some useful links / recipes / routines for a diet such as this.
    You're all doing incredibly well in such a short amount of time and seem to be keeping it off! Well done all of you! :)

Check out the sticky post at the top of the group. " Start HERE. LCD Launch Pad". There are FAQs, open discussion threads, and etc. There is a massive recipe sit list near the bottom of the list.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @Becky_W25, read the Launch Pad which is at the top of the LCD group page. There is more resources there that will help you decide if this is the right way of eating (woe) for you. It's full of tips, recipes...that are invaluable! This is the best group on mfp for the consistent support we all need to make this woe a success! You are welcome to send me a friend request too. I have found that by looking at others diaries to see what people are eating has helped me too. Best to you!
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Becky_W25 wrote: »
    Hey all,

*waves*

Definitely check out the Launch Pad. Tons of resources & links there. If you're looking for something more specific once you've looked through there, ask away!
  • tnowinatl2stay
    tnowinatl2stay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been low carb for 3 months and loss 40 lbs :)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    Maintained a 300 lb loss for 13 years. Gained some back during medical issues over a few years, have since lost 48 again since Thanksgiving.

That's amazing. I'm stunned. And awed. Lost for words (and that doesn't often happen). Wow.

Thanks. I should clarify, the 300 isn't from keto. I wasn't diagnosed until after I lost the weight, then did an elimination diet, and that's when keto started. I maintained with keto, and gained, and lost. It's only a tool.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Day 65 and I'm down 12.4 pounds from my start weight. I think I'm in the middle of some PISS myself, but I'm cutting dairy for a couple days just to see what that does.

I'm cutting back on the dairy to see if it helps me get back on track too. Not eliminating, just reducing. The scale budged this morning, but tomorrow I half expect it will be back up again.

• JessikaJacobs87
    JessikaJacobs87 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    4hoxo1rf1a6e.jpg

35i6iqh8v23z.jpg This one is before the weight loss

4woa9qhxh4oz.jpg

• hoecradle
    hoecradle Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    45 pounds down since 1-1-2015.
  • adamthompson2006
    adamthompson2006 Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Day 114, lost 47 lbs, blood pressure is 116/75 with a 60bpm heart rate. Starting a strict keto diet now to lose these last 8 lbs and sticking with it!
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've been Keto since August, but only trying to lose weight since January. I've lost 3 lbs... however, the health effects are worth it to keep going. Also, I've noticed a lot of strength gains in the gym and clothes fitting better which makes me feel better about the loss. I also haven't been great at tracking on the weekends and am working to get better at it. I'm pretty sure it's what's been holding me back.