Calories - Any concern?

Options
itsjustdawn
itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
Seriously... I am kind of nervous about the number of calories I consumed today. Fat was the bulk of it. I read the calorie counting post, but it's a mental block. I am sure many can relate. My diary is open if anyone wants to reassure me / give me better advice on what to eat. I was kind of hungry today, but I only ate things that were low carb. I will increase my veggies next week after I've gone shopping again, I promise.

Replies

• sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    One off day isn't gonna hurt you, we all have them, we're all human and as the saying goes, failure is never trying. You're trying, and I'm jealous of your carb count!
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I can relate- I had the same kind of day today. I keep telling myself that I didn't do nearly as bad as I would have before switching to LC, but it's still scary to see that number of calories staring back at me!
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    I know there are a lot of people in this group who do not track calories, some days they eat more than others, but as long as they keep their carbs down, they're fine. I don't know yet if my body will do that?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    LC blows my mind. I can eat high calories and maintain as long as I keep the carbs <50 grams daily in my case. I can not lose pounds doing it but I can lose inches slowly. At rest a LC dieter will burn about 300 more calories daily than a CICO dieter.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    At rest a LC dieter will burn about 300 more calories daily than a CICO dieter.

It could be even more. Ketone creation is expensive. Protein metabolism is expensive. And gluconeogenesis is expensive. The CICO crowd has no idea.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I know there are a lot of people in this group who do not track calories, some days they eat more than others, but as long as they keep their carbs down, they're fine. I don't know yet if my body will do that?

It is not your body that is at issue here. It is the constant low fat drumming in our ears. Once you really take the plunge... It is easy...

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    wabmester you may be correct. I am hitting right at 3000 calories a day and for three months my weight has not changed but I have lost an inch in the waist by measurement.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    You were over by a little over 100 calories. Even if you weren't under by three times that on Thursday (assuming your diary is correct), that wouldn't really make a difference in your progress. You'll likely find though, that you'll be over some days and under others, and over a week's time, it'll all balance out. Don't worry about day to day numbers, look at averages across weeks.
  • wildgator
    wildgator Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, eating over your calorie goal for one day isn't going to hurt you.
  • itsjustdawn
    Options
    Well I tracked fully through Thursday. I think I got busy on Friday and didn't finish. I had 2 chicken thighs for dinner instead of one... and it was like midnight when I finally sat down (I am a baker and was busy baking for my farmers market - and no, I do not eat my creations lol...cupcakes aren't my thing). Saturday I might have been a little bit under, but I didn't track it on the day (I ate normal breakfast, had a coffee but used creamer from 7-11 instead of heavy whipping cream, had my sausage and some salami and cheese while at the market... later on got some pepperoni and cheese cubes as well as a Cobb salad from WaWa to take to Disney with me) That's all I ate. Yesterday I had bacon, sausage, and an omelet for brunch, then later had chicken wings with EVOO and seasoning. I guess I would stress more if I was going over my carbs than I am about calories. As long as I know that what I am eating is really low in carbs, I am trying to not stress over calories. Make sense?