gaining weight but losing body fat?

Options
Hello everyone!

I just started week 3 of insanity. Did my 2nd fit test and noticed I gained 4-5 pounds but lost like ~3% body fat. Anyone else have any similar results? I know It's not my diet either since I am always at or under my daily calorie intake. I'm not worried yet but since I started this program to lose weight and inches off my waist, it's slightly concerning.

Replies

• KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Yah I was really disappointed when I weighed in at my 2nd fit test and saw minimal change. But I have discovered that during Insanity, we hold onto a lot of water. I second @joleneee421 - I feel much stronger, much more endurance, and will definitely go by inches for success. The hardest part about this whole challenge is to be patient.
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    When I completed this 2 years ago, I didn't lose any weight until month 2, and only 7lbs total. But I lost 8 inches off my waist, 3 off my hips and 2 off my chest so in the end I didn't care about my scale.
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wow, those are awesome results! So I just finished month 1 and lost a total of 2.4 pounds so far. It doesn't seem like much but I realized that (thankfully) I don't have that much fat I can lose anymore so that's why my weight loss is slowing down. I am currently 140 lbs, 18.8% body fat.

I am just about to start recovery week and I heard most people lose a lot that week due to the water weight.

• paul_dubster
    paul_dubster Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I guess I went into this program hoping to lose weight. Before I was just doing a exercise bike everyday. Along with that and diet I lost 30 pounds with 30 more to go. I just have to remind myself that losing fat and gaining muscle is better :)
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I guess I went into this program hoping to lose weight. Before I was just doing a exercise bike everyday. Along with that and diet I lost 30 pounds with 30 more to go. I just have to remind myself that losing fat and gaining muscle is better :)

And I've always heard muscle weighs more than fat so as your losing the fat but turning it into muscle then you won't see as much lbs lost. Makes sense. :smile:
  • julyskb
    julyskb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This was an encouraging post to read. I just finished week three and have lost 1 stinking pound. I'm feeling a little down about it because I've stuck to the diet and workout so religiously. I also started the program to lose weight. I hope there is some good muscle toning going on under there. I'll stick with it and see where I am at the end..: