Has anyone tried Hazelnut Butter?

Options
photo_kyla
photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
OMG It's amazing. And at only 2g net carbs per ounce, it's legal even for keto.
There are only 2 downsides: it's ridiculously expensive ($18 for 13oz at my local specialty foods store) and I could literally eat the whole container in 2 or 3 sittings. :p

(Note: this is just pure hazelnut butter made from ground hazelnuts, no added cocoa or sugar)

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Grind some dark chocolate in there and you'll have fresh nutella. I gotta try that!
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    wab, its delicious. and dangerous....lol. I've done it and have to pry the jar off my face when I do.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I have a hard enough time restraining myself on nut quantities by themselves... I can't fathom having a more readily available source. I've been debating the homemade nutella, but to me that would be a slippery slope. My ex didn't call it my liquid crack for no reason. I might make enough for a single batch of fat bombs or something, but anything more than that inspires a binge-type reflex that I'd rather live without.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    My partner bought cashew butter, and didn't like it. Unfortunately I do like it, and have often been seen with a big spoonful of it in my mouth. Oh well, it'll be all gone soon :P