Light meals/foods?

sweetteadrinker2
sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
It's blastingly hot here, I don't want meat or cheese or anything that needs much cooking(the 220 oven really heats up the house). Before keto I would have a couple cut up apples, or half a watermelon. What do you do when you want something cool and easy for a meal? I'm sweating sitting here in a tank top and shorts, all of my usual keto foods seem heavy, hot and just bleh right now.

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Celery. Cold dill pickles. And then a salad for dessert. :)
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    My brother used to make these smoothies with cream, peanut butter and protein powder blended with ice... that might work as a meal replacement?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    lunch meat (or any cooked/prepared meat, for that matter) spread with cream cheese and shredded cheese wrapped around a pickle spear!! I also do pepperoni (cold) with sharp cheddar. Deviled eggs. I made a steak wrapped around cream cheese and such last night that I can totally see eating cold if I wanted to. If you can make something with cream cheese and cooked meats, then eat it cold later.... Also, some foods can be microwaved. I've done a chicken caesar salad with pre-cooked chicken... Hummus if you can afford the few carbs. There are alternative forms of hummus, too. Now I'll have to think on this...
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    salads, turkey pepperoni and string cheese, cottage cheese or tuna (or chicken) salad on a bed of lettuce with other chopped veggies (pepper strips, celery, etc)