anyone want to help motivate me?

th1ng
th1ng Posts: 3 Member
I've been struggling with yo-yoing weight since I got outta high school and started in the world of jobs where sitting was a curse rather than a luxury.. I am currently 26 and set to get married at the end of July, I have a fantastic dress that, in December was a little tight but fit, and now I cant even get on (actually I refuse to even try because I know I've gained to much weight) I not only want to lose some weight for that but also need to lose weight for my job, while I sit all day at work they still require me to be within certain standards (that's the military for you I guess) anyways I'm tired of the stress of weigh-ins at work 2x a year and the dieting to lose enough weight or inches to pass, and I'm tired of feeling like a lazy bum all the time... but I just cant seem to find the motivation to stick with anything. I've tried to make the changes needed several times but with only being accountable to myself on a day to day basis its really hard for me. Anyone willing to provide some motivation and help me out would be so greatly appreciated!! I want to fix my bad habits and turn them into good ones!

Replies

• GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    What kind of room do you have at the office? Is it fairly private? I got some $3.99 weights from Aldi's. Just 2lb walking weights, and I'll get up and do some arm exercises and lunges with them for about 7 minutes. I put a TV in and just did 18 minutes of a Tai Chi DVD I brought in. Small exercises up here in the very private office where I work and have extra space behind my cubicle.

Also, my office has a gym, so I go down there sometimes. I budget my calories and count all kinds of things that expend them. I've lost 4.6 pounds in just 3 1/2 weeks. I budget for 12 times my goal weight (125*12=1500). I started needing to lose 22.4 pounds, so I'm on my way.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    i pay attention to what i am eating, not measuring portions most of the time. i listen to my body. i have a desk job where i am not in a private office and i am tethered to the phone all day. so, i stand up and do some stretches. i will move around so that i am "dancing". I take the stairs whenever i can and walk to the farthest bathroom in my department. it doesn't make much sense at the time, but i MUST believe it's going to help. i have a dog that demands twice daily walks and some play sessions. it'll happen, thing. just don't go overboard with the stressing and unhealthy habits.
  • th1ng
    th1ng Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks guys! I work in an office with 6 other people at any given time and there's not a whole lot of space for working out. We've started doing push-ups throughout the day with a weekly goal for the office of 2000 so far it's going well. Also I started working out in the mornings before going to work.. It's helped me cut out my morning caffeine (simply because I'm usually running late at getting to the office and don't have time to stop and get it) I've also started walking at lunch time with a fried we aim for 10,000 steps on our pedometers before grabbing our lunches and going back to the office. So far it's going well, I've lost about 3% body fat in the last 3 weeks (according to a very flawed measuring system) and about 5 lbs. Things are looking good so far but now I'm affraid I'm going to hit that wall of challenge where it becomes stagnant and it seems like no matter what I do I can't lose anymore.. I feel it's right around the corner and it makes me nervous :-\