Fitbit: Surge or Charge HR

Options
socialone74
socialone74 Posts: 85 Member
We have a work program coming up and I am debating between the Surge and the Charge HR. Anyone have either of those?

Replies

• betsysjl
    betsysjl Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have the one, haven't upgraded yet to the bigger & better models. I've heard good things about both.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    If I buy one I think I'd go with the Charge HR. Looked into them but haven't purchased yet.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    I got the Fitbit One for Mother's Day. Having fun with it so far!!
  • socialone74
    Options
    I will share as soon as I get it -- it is a work program so I put my 1st and 2nd choices down. I am going to play with creating a fitbit group to get steps in for Cheeky Chics --- open to the idea?
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit ChargeHR for about 24 hours...but really like it so far. It's experiencing some battery life issues, but after looking at some Fitbit Community forums, it's apparently *normal* for the first couple of charges until the battery "learns."

I'd be interested in a fitbit group for step challenges...
  • socialone74
    Options
    Sweet! Thanks
  • betsysjl
    Options
    A step group sounds great! Any motivation of me is helpful.
  • socialone74
    Options
    I should have mine very soon and yes - I need all types of motivation!
  • socialone74
    Options
    I have my surge - still figuring it out -- soon to create group ;-)
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Loving my fitbit. I didn't really want something I had to wear like a watch so my husband bought me the one that clips on like a pedometer. It works great but the only downfall is that I need to remember to grab it from my bra strap when I change clothes so that's kind of a hassle.

It has definitely motivated me!
  • socialone74
    Options
    One lesson learned on Fitbit so far - DO NOT enter your food directly onto that app as it doesn't feed over to MFP... So I am not plugging into MFP to feed into Fitbit... weird.
  • betsysjl
    Options
    I typically log my food in MFP, my water in FitBit, and then sync them for exercise. I don't add any additional exercise other than what my FitBit shows (I've never really studied how it does strength training though).

I have the fitbit one - which clips to my bra or pants. There is nothing more aggravating than when you forgot to clip it on or to remove it.
  • socialone74
    Options
    I need to correct that earlier line .... I am not entering food intake in fitbit .... I am tracking intake in MFP...