Looking for People over 50 that need to lose weight

Options
2»

Replies

• AEPHubinc2015
    AEPHubinc2015 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yet another barbeque this evening. I've got a plan and hope to stick to it. I think I'll whip up a batch of popcorn to munch on so I don't have to twiddle my thumbs while everyone else is eating.
    How's this for irony? I was chosen to be in charge of bringing dessert.
    I made a really great looking strawberry shortcake for everyone else and cut up half a watermelon so I could have something, too.
    I saved 650 calories for this barbeque but am still worried. Meat is so high in calories!
    Keeping busy is definitely the key (along with physical activity) and, happily, the more weight I lose and the less I binge, the more energy I have for keeping busy and doing physical activity.
  • AEPHubinc2015
    Options
    Remember that strawberry shortcake I wasn't going to eat? The good news is that it turns out (miraculously) that it was only 120 calories per piece. The bad news is that I had a piece. The good news is that I was only a little bit over my 1200 a day goal and that I got back on track today.
    It's a great feeling to head for bed knowing that I kept to my goal today.
    Why so quiet in here today? What's up with you guys? I hope you're having a good day.
  • momhealthac
    momhealthac Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Doing well thanks for asking, we seem to be a small group and not much talk? I too am trying to stay within the 1200 calorie range but I have seen many posts about that this starving myself. I don't feel starved and in fact when I go over this too much I feel sluggish. Maybe my body is adapting. Biggest change is decreasing carb's and more veggie and protein. Weather has helped with the workouts. I getting 4 to 5 days of power walks in some with weights. What do you do to revive up your metabolism?
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Cutting out most processed foods makes it a lot easier to eat 1200 to 1400 calories and be satisfied. This weekend, however, I'm struggling a bit with cravings and they are taking me straight to processed and carry out. Ugh.
  • AEPHubinc2015
    Options
    Other than that one piece of strawberry shortcake last week I have been totally keeping to my 1200 per day goal. I haven't lost any weight at all. I feel a lot better and have more energy and am trying to make that be enough for now. But it's hard not to get discouraged.
    I eat no (zero!) processed food and no carry out. Haven't had a chip or cookie of any kind in 3 weeks.
    What's up with this?
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Other than that one piece of strawberry shortcake last week I have been totally keeping to my 1200 per day goal. I haven't lost any weight at all. I feel a lot better and have more energy and am trying to make that be enough for now. But it's hard not to get discouraged.
    I eat no (zero!) processed food and no carry out. Haven't had a chip or cookie of any kind in 3 weeks.
    What's up with this?

Have you taken any measurements? I did when I first started mid-January and I have re-measured about every 2-3 weeks. Very glad I did because on several weeks where I had zero loss, I actually had smaller measurements in my waist and hips. Body recomposition, perhaps? At any rate, my clothes are fitting better and I think I look better, so I am not holding the scale up as the only measure of success!
  • AEPHubinc2015
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I don't have a tape measure in the house but hope to buy one today and start measuring.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Re: measuring - a lot of people just do the basics. Bust, waist hips. I measure a lot more than that:

Neck
    Bust
    Under Bust
    Waist
    Abdomen
    Hips
    Upper Arms
    Thighs
    Calves

Since mid-January I've seen the greatest reduction in the "under bust" and "abdomen" measurements. These are both problem areas for me (back-fat & baby-belly). So when I see those numbers go down I KNOW I'm making progress. The bust measurement has remained the same. I was actually quite surprised that I've lost 1/2 inch in my neck. Who knew?
  • AEPHubinc2015
    Options
    Still no tape measure. Hopefully I'll get around to it tomorrow.
    thanks for the tips