Day 2 - June 11th

Options
spicypepper
spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
Alright MFPers! Post your progress for today here. I wanna hear about your exercises logged and the food you've eaten!

Did you get in 8 glasses of water today????

Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I do need to get more water in. Yesterday I noticed my rings were so tight I could not get them off. I looked to see what I had eaten the day before and I was over on sodium. A small bowl of tomato soup had 1300 mg of sodium! Who knew? Today the rings are coming off again.

More water from now on.

Lets keep on keein on!
  • neolexirocco
    Options
    my personal goal today was to drink 1.5L of water... done! :)
    30 minute walk completed this morning and another quick one is on the agenda for tonight too.
  • doompop
    doompop Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My goal for the day is to begin tackling mental roadblocks. Here's the big one.

This is around the time of night I usually want 2nd dinner. When I eat after dinner, I habitually construe it as a failure, give up entirely, and say I'll start over again tomorrow. "Tomorrow" is a toss-up. This is mental. The more I eat during the day, the more I want to keep it going into the night.

In the name of accountability, it's time to get a few goals out in the open:
    (1) Break the vicious cycle. Determine if it's hunger or habit. Eating after dinner =/= failure (especially if it's hunger).
    (2) Go for a healthy snack, not a terribly high calorie, large mess of crap.
    (3) Go to bed and wake up at relatively normal hours. Sleep enough.

Thanks for reading!
  • Mrsjones172
    Mrsjones172 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I ate well yesterday, walked 2.7 miles and did 40 mins weights. I even had enough room for a few mouthfuls of Ben and Jerrys. I didnt get in as much water as I would like so thats my goal today.

Also today is a rest day. My legs are aching like mad from yesterday. Good luck everyone!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    47 - I wanna see you swimming in that water! Ha ha ha ha! Seriously though, I've been pretty bad lately about water intake
    I'm making more of an effort to get it in now.

Neo - Awesome job!!!!

Doom - Drinking water really helps fill me up. I also bought 2 bunches of sweet red grapes from the store and popping a few of those not only curbs my sweet tooth but satisfies me. Hang in there and together we will push through this!

Mrs - That's how I look at things to. If I know that we're going to happy hour (tonight) I make sure that I can have a yummy sangria margarita but burning enough calories.

Y'all are doing great!!!! Keep it up!
  • StephF3692
    StephF3692 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i forget to log all my water, but i try to take in at least 3L a day. it's easy to remember since i refill my 32oz nalgene twice, drink at least 2 glasses of water with meals, and have another 32oz water bottle i use for cold-brewing tea.

i think i need to be eating more, especially since i've ramped up my workouts, so i need to start working on that!
  • cassondrarn
    cassondrarn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm very good about getting in my water but very bad about logging it. I'm trying to increase my jog to 40 minutes. I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot and I work on my feet 12 hours at a time so I have to be careful about overdoing. I'm feeling pretty good, my resting heart rate is 53, pretty good for an old lady :-)
  • umekanzah
    umekanzah Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    So great to see all the responses! I usually workout in the afternoon when my daughter gets home from her preschool/day care (she is 4). She works out with me to 30 day shred lol. I didn't get in a workout yesterday since i was fasting for religious reasons but today i got my workout in bright and early since both kiddos were up anyways and after getting them washed up, i had enough time to workout. I am not following a certain plan but my goal for this month is to get at least 30 mins of workout in each day. If i need a rest day, then i will take one as needed.

I also prelogged all my meals today. I was wayyyy under my calories yesterday since i was fasting. I have a bad habit of snacking so i am hoping i can stay accountable to you guys and only eat what i have prelogged.

I also went to scooby's webpage and recalculated my calories. They seem pretty high but if they help me lose weight, than i am all for it without having to starve.
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Tried to do a step class at the gym this morning but my hips can't take it anymore...getting old sucks! So I rode the stationary bike instead...was finishing a novel while I rode which I know interferes with my effort, but I had to see how it ended!

The food journal is helping me tremendously! It really helps me cut back on mindless eating and empty calories : )
  • triciap7
    triciap7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Doom: I can relate to the idea that, if I eat a lot in the morning, I eat more as the day goes on. I think the key to getting it under control is making better choices in *what* I eat. It I have sugar, specifically a sugary coffee drink or a scone, I crave sugar all day. If I start the day with green tea, an english muffin, a hard boiled egg, a cheese stick (for example), my blood sugar doesn't spike, so I don't have cravings. I feel more satisfied. And at night, to take care of the "wanting a second dinner" I try to save enough calories for one salty thing and one sweet thing. I eat a Edy's fruit bar and a 100 calorie bag of popcorn (for example). If I'm still not *full* I drink decaf green tea. Most nights this deters me from eating too much and having to deal with that regret. Keep fighting! You can do this one decision, one day at a time!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and added an extra 1.25 miles walking on treadmill at lunch.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Amazing when you look back at what you ate.
  • wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Well I am logging well and yesterday my water barely made it in to 8cups so I told myself I would do better today so far Im up to 13 and counting,, For food I have done Ok but still not really hungry since my sinuses are still on the mend... Gotta love seasonal allergies! I was struggling to get my work out in today as I have worked really hard the last 2 days on workouts but I did manage to get a 30min walk in with my littlest one in the stroller! So ready for Monday to get here been getting things ready to go on a mini Vacation with my Family to a very nice state park! We are going camping and hiking and swimming one for a reward for me being 20lbs down and for Fathers day for my hubby that is what he wanted to do more then go to the beach which is cool with me because Id rather be in the woods :happy: At least in the woods I dont have to worry about people seeing me in my Bikini that I prolly shouldnt be rocking yet:blushing: but ya know what its my :glasses:
  • Doraboyes
    Doraboyes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello did 2hr walk today and day 10 of the 30 day shred. My water intake was good but my eating is out of control. It's horrible! Tomorrow is another day I'll just try harder
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    HI everyone!! Just finishing out the day! Tracking and water were really good...I did week 2, day 2 of C25K..and I HATE It...I hate running...I am dreading the next level and I still have another day at level 2...it KILLS my knees....debating going back to my 5K power walks with hills and such...so much easier on the knees....See ya all tomorrow!
  • doompop
    doompop Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the tips! One decision at a time.
  • bgpoole
    bgpoole Posts: 10
    Options
    I feel good about Day 2. I ate much better and walked for 30 minutes at a brisk pace. I was proud.
  • umekanzah
    umekanzah Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi folks. So good to see you guys doing good. I went over my calories by a bit yesterday (143 to be exact). A half cup of yogurt and marshmallows did me in. But I am thinking of not eating a few calories tonight to make up for that. I havent been logging my water but i am trying to drink a lot and already the scale went down by quite a few lbs so i guess i was really lacking in the water department making my body retain some. Also did some 30 mins of yoga meltdown by JM and even though it wasnt cardio related like 30 day shred, it still left me sweating and my muscles burning.