Best Low Carb baking options/ UK stockists of snacks

hi guys, I've been using coconut flour when i've been creative and canderell sweetner. I heard almond flour is good but unsure which is better that or coconut? And sweetner recommendations?
Also I'm in the middle of revision so constantly preparing/ cooking/ lack of snacks is killing me. Wondr if anyone can recommend good UK stockists of LCHF goods/ recommendations for me?
Also is diabetic no sugar candy usually Keto friendly?
All of the questioning

Replies

• tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Hmmm. Depends on your palate and what you are trying to make. I use coconut flour for making low carb flatbread, I sometimes use it for breading meat. It's less caloric than almond flour. I use that to thicken sauce, or to make pizza crust ( cauliflower crust is less caloric, but I am not a fan). I like the taste of almond flour on meats and sauces because it's less sweet. There are lots of recipes, sometimes they use both.

I think stevia is the best natural sweetener some people do t like the taste. I use Erythnol (truvia) occasionally. It tastes the best to me. Comes in a brown sugar variety as well. :smiley:
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Hi. I think you will be ave to be a bit more specific on types of snacks? But I discovered flax meal is very low to 0 carbs bc of all its fiber! Woo hoo! It makes great pancakes, bread and other things. You can make your own protein bars using protein powder and nut butter and refrigerate. Or make protein nut balls. Lots of youtube ideas on snackie things.