June 11th

Options
Time for another long workout! Let's check this one out!

Rosie, I looked at your Fit Test results, so impressive!

Replies

• Tonia184
    Tonia184 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Did Max interval plyo today...badly. I simply couldn't push through several of the exercises. I am hoping things will get better.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I just completed Max Interval Plyo and the workouts were more challenging. This workout takes more coordination to get the moves right. I hope the next time my form is better so I can get more out of it.
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    No workout for me this morning. Been a rough morning which is sad because I should be on cloud 9 after my run last night and my ability to slide into my fav jeans again this morning. However I have already had a soda and a donut this morning, just feeling drained. Glad I decided to put my workout off till after work based on the posts saying it takes a bit more effort, no way I could have put in the effort this morning. Good luck to the rest of the group today!!!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I completed mine and boy did I hate this first circuit. I felt so discouraged I almost stopped. But then I thought about 2 ladies in our group who already completed their workouts and thought it would be quite lame of me to stop. So I pushed through but I'm not happy with my performance.
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good job ladies...

Max interval circuit for me to tonight but I'm confident going into it. I don't know of the max cardio was shorter or I made it through much easier. Still was dripping and it was really hard but mentally I made it through a lot better.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I completed mine and boy did I hate this first circuit. I felt so discouraged I almost stopped. But then I thought about 2 ladies in our group who already completed their workouts and thought it would be quite lame of me to stop. So I pushed through but I'm not happy with my performance.

I was told by a friend, whose is an Insanity alum, that Max plyo would be difficult & to hang in there. She told me that week 1 of month 2 would be a getting to learn the moves. Not to worry if I felt like I was underperforming & you get better over time.

So proud Sleepless that you dug deeper. You & the group have given an extra push to stay motivated. Just gave me the kick to get out of bed & hit the floor to do Max plyo.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I just did Max Plyo. It was rough. I truly believed Shaun T was trying to kill me today. I really suck at push ups & all that jumping. I had to do a lot of modifications with this workout. I am so glad it is over & done with.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have completed this one without some modifications...

Congratulations to everyone!
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Time for another long workout! Let's check this one out!

Rosie, I looked at your Fit Test results, so impressive!

Really? I was dissapointed. I seemed to do a little worse than before on some of them. Oh well. Onward!

I'm stressing about starting month 2. Oh boy.
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Count me in as dissapointed with my performance. Plyo was my least favorite last month, and so far the same goes for this month. I couldn't complete even half of the exercises the right way and had a hard time figuring out how to modify some. I've never been able to do those power jumps because they kill my knees, so I decided to do jumps the way they were in last weeks cardio recovery. I was sweating through this, but I felt like I spent more time watching trying to figure it out than doing.

I was also unbelievably exhausted after yesterday's workout and felt soreness which i haven't experienced since week 1. These work outs are brutal and even more so when energy is low due to nearing TOM. I'm going to keep on pushing and hope for better next time :)
  • Pink_Cheek
    Pink_Cheek Posts: 92
    Options
    If I had done my workout this morning I think I would have been super upset with myself...after reading everyone's reviews of their Plyo day I am glad I waited.

Things I could not do: Pogo jumps, diamond jumps, etc, etc, etc....I still burned close to 400 cals, but not sure how. I feel like I was watching more than I was doing...oh well..better luck tomorrow.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Good lord, that workout was a nightmare!
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm so with you on the crazy moves. I just considered it a practice workout. Next time it should be better.
    If I had done my workout this morning I think I would have been super upset with myself...after reading everyone's reviews of their Plyo day I am glad I waited.

Things I could not do: Pogo jumps, diamond jumps, etc, etc, etc....I still burned close to 400 cals, but not sure how. I feel like I was watching more than I was doing...oh well..better luck tomorrow.
  • wffolkes
    wffolkes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I did Plyo yesterday which was the 12th and I have to say it one of my favourites because it pushes me so hard.

I can complete all of the moves but they are soooooooooo energy sapping, all the push ups, pogo jumps and that full body circuit WOW I am yet to complete the full body circuit both times after the first 16 push ups and runs im spent...

Keep pushing as hard as you can through it all modified or not, try remember how many you did modified and beat that number next time round. We have done really well to even get this far into insanity, so many people start and give up.

You guys haven't given up and motivating me everyday so I can come back and share with you.