Fitbit is not tracking calories onto MFP

Options
I have a fitbit flex, and it used to log the calories automatically onto MFP. I stopped using it for a while, then when I started using fitbit again, it stopped logging calories onto MFP. I have tried unconnecting and reconnecting again but no success. What do I do?

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Did you disconnect Fitbit from MFP, revoke MFP access from Fitbit, wait a while (so both systems have time to process the changes) and then reconnect?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP sends water & aggregate food data to Fitbit, and you should see a Fitbit calorie adjustment under exercise in MFP.

Fitbit does not send food or individual exercise to MFP.
  • tartz66
    tartz66 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex, and it used to log the calories automatically onto MFP. I stopped using it for a while, then when I started using fitbit again, it stopped logging calories onto MFP. I have tried unconnecting and reconnecting again but no success. What do I do?

What do you mean it would log your calories automatically? Are you saying that you don't need to log your food anymore? I just got my charge and I am still really confused how to use it.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    tartz66 wrote: »
    Are you saying that you don't need to log your food anymore? I just got my charge and I am still really confused how to use it.

Log food, drink & water in MFP.

No need to log any step-based activity—your Fitbit is tracking it for you.

Log non-step exercise (like swimming or biking) either in Fitbit (that's what I do) or in MFP—never both.

Fitbit exercise does not appear in your MFP newsfeed. If you want your friends to see it, post a status update.