keto at the movies

jmiller1028
jmiller1028 Posts: 17 Member
okay keto people. I am looking for low carb suggestions for the movie theatre. planning to go to the movies this weekend. i know it will require sneaking food into the place, but i'd rather stay on keto. advice?

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Nuts? I love roasted salted nuts.... can be a bit carby but OK in moderation.

At my local cinema they have Sahara hot nuts which are peanuts with some kind of crispy coating which is probably carby. But that's the best you can do with things sold there. Frankfurters without the bun?

Cheese crisps ie melted cheese formed into discs and cooled so it hardens into cheesy loveliness.

To be honest, I don't even try with snacking at the cinema, I just get a diet coke and sip on that.

But I don't feel i have to eat at the cinema even when I was eating "normally" - I can eat before during the ads, but would rather just enjoy the film. Although I do pinch a few popcorns from my daughter, LOL am in denial!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Take some beef jerky and a bottle of water or two. The feeling of success is so much better than the few minutes of euphoria and then guilt that you feel afterwards! Good luck!
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Or break the habit of snacking at the movies. Mindless eating won't help you in the long run, whether it's keto or not.
  • spush
    spush Posts: 132 Member
    kirkor wrote: »
    Or break the habit of snacking at the movies. Mindless eating won't help you in the long run, whether it's keto or not.
    This.
    Going to the movies Sunday and going snack free, hoping I don't cave .
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    I took macadamia nuts last night.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Don't go to the movie! LOL
    Eat good healthy food before you go so you don't have to eat something you will regret later.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    kirkor wrote: »

how did I know you would say that? lol Good advisement though.
    We go to a drive in theater often. They have big monster pickles that I love.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    >how did I know you would say that?

lol, ya it's tricky here on the forums -- we get so many fly-by posts that I need to balance telling them what I think they need to hear vs. sounding like a broken record to the regular posters :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    I always like your advice @kirkor, however it happens to come across, lol!
  • donmandee1
    donmandee1 Posts: 5 Member
    I'd probably go for @Karlottap 's suggestion- but then again, I love Biltong.
  • gemberly
    gemberly Posts: 67 Member
    Pork rinds?