Keto cinnamon bun recipes?

Options
mongoosealamode
mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
I found a few online. Has anyone tried them and which is best/most like the real thing?

Replies

• mongoosealamode
    Options
    I guess not.. :(
  • mongoosealamode
    Options
  • mongoosealamode
    Options
  • mongoosealamode
    Options
  • mongoosealamode
    Options
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I've looked into them, but I never ended up making any. Sorry!
  • mongoosealamode
    Options
    Woah. Didn't realize I posted that many times. Thanks Twibbly. Maybe ill try a few myself then
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Try a few and report back to us. I've looked at the recipes too, but never tried them.
  • mongoosealamode
    Options
    Trying this one now! I will let you know! http://ketocook.com/2012/09/08/cinnamon-bun-muffins/
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    That does look yummy, I wonder about the syrup, I'm assuming it's sugar free?
  • rmary1944
    rmary1944 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try the recipe. Look at all the reviews too! I'm going to use the sour cream also. Thank you for sharing.
  • mongoosealamode
    edited May 2015
    Options
    SO! I made these. And of course, being the smart person I am, I said to myself 'No, I will not follow the directions'. I decided to do a double batch with sour cream instead of yogurt and half almond flour half coconut flour. When I mixed everything together it was paste consistency. So I added some(3tbs? idk) HWC. Better. Made one batch which was lumpy and weird to put in the liners(Oh and I used liners too). When these came out they were just as lumpy as when I put them in. Next try... I added another egg and maybe 1/4c water to the remaining 'batter'. SO much better and they actually rose in the oven!
    I made some cream cheese icing also with erythritol and a little vanilla extract. Its pretty good.
    The only problem... I don't really like the consistency of coconut flour.. I'm so smart, right? None the less they are pretty good. Especially with the icing. mmm

So, If you use coconut flour, make sure you add some extra liquid to keep it at a cake batter consistency.

Maybe next time I will actually follow directions :p
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know I wanted cinnamon buns till I saw this post
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I haven't delved into baking this way yet. I think it would be a slippery slope for me... I tried to have a bite of a normal cinnamon something a while back and had almost enough carbs to knock me out of KETO.... So not worth it. Tried a cinnamon "mousse" and used way too much cinnamon. I think I'll stay away from baked goods for the time being, but I'll save the recipes for eventually. LOL
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ugh, just saw that they have Walden Farms pancake syrup in them. That stuff TEARS ME UP painfully. I had a full on migraine-strength headache seconds after trying that brand a lite taste to the tongue...minimal dose. So, uneducated question - would any low carb/SF pancake syrup work here? Or just vanilla and sweetener? Any suggestions?

OKAY - disregard...checked comments for ideas. Thanks.