Lower Carb and Bloating

Options
katharineshalia
katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
Hi, I've tried searching mfp and the internet but I can't seem to narrow this subject down and can't find an answer. After 2 months of poor choices I'm back on day 6 of lchf, my carbs have been around 50g coming from cooked spinach, kale and cauliflower. My problem is I have been so bloated!! Uncomfortably so starting around noon or after lunch. I know it will take time for my body to adjust but I don't remember this from January and can't really remember this happening last year, more carb flu the first time and no problems whatsoever in January. I know I need to be more responsible for my choices so I was trying to ease my way in this time. Does anyone know what could be causing this or have suggestions?

Replies

• GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Have you always ate cauli and kale without problems? I can't eat kale and some of the veggies as they are FODMAPs and cause problems. I have to cook them to death to predigest, and eat them in moderation.
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm not cooking them long enough. I'll try that. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    It happens to me if I have a salad after a couple days of mostly meat. Intestinal bacteria binge fest, I guess.