Chat and Accountability May 3rd - May 9th.

13»

Replies

• heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Just catching up, seems like a few of us had setbacks :( Which reminded me of what Kim said a few weeks ago about end date "challenges" or diet. Whole 30 is great don't get me wrong, but I think that is meant to help someone change their eating habits for the better? Correct me if I'm wrong;) So if we go back to the old way, we are back where we started. It took me 4-5 months to learn that lessons lol I think I was in denial. I now learn that unfortunately due to my genetics and behavior ULCHF is the best for me. MAYBE when I am more active and at my goal weight. I can eat a bit more carbs, still low carb just not ULC.. Who knows. But the genectic test is the finally proof that I needed for my little brain to come to grips to the fact that I just function better on LC. and to accept that my body/hormones had changed as I aged what I can tolerate eating before I can't now so I should just move on!

Jen, if you want long term storage get the ones in oil. I like the ones oil better, I'm not afraid of fat lol plus I think the fish taste better in oil, in water they tend to be mushier. As for fish bones.. I love them. Hey great source of calcium ;) I actually love frying up fish bones to eat, its like chips.
    I like wild planet as well! especially since costco carries them.
    Oh Jen, just curious, when you eat pastured meat does it bother your GI?
    I am so conflicted with seafood, I know we have overfished the ocean, and farmed fish causes a lot of pollution.. So rarely eat them, and when I do eat them I only eat from the approved list of the seafood watch. When I eat fish I try to eat Alaskan fish because they have a heavily regulated fishery and wild gulf shrimp or river shrimp. Those fish tend to be healthier and more environmental friendly. Farmed fish and shrimp are pumped full of medicine and they live in very confined spaces. Most shrimps comes from Vietnam, India, Sri Lanka, Philippines etc.. I've been to those countries and have seen shrimp farms in the Philippines. Trust me, you do not want to eat those shrimp. Shudder...

Kim, thanks for the comment, I guess I'm just a little hyperfocus that I want to "get things right" so that they can have the most accurate data. On that note, I have to say that since going back to ULCHF I'm back to not feeling hungry all the time, haven't had any serious tummy issues and I'm not feeling that fatigue at 3pm anymore. Not saying that I'm feeling fantastic just better than before ;) and yes Kim do the test! By the way if you get a 2nd kit its 20% off for the 2nd kit and shipping is the same for 2 or 1 kit. Email me if you like when you get the results, we can totally geek out on science LOL

TJ, try putting the poached egg in a thick or insulated that you can cover the top if you like runny yolks. Just by trapping the heat should suffice. There's always carry over cooking even when the temperature has dropped.

Cynthia, I saw the premium function but decided not to, I want to wait till they work out their kinks and lower the price. It kind of pricy for an app.
  • jenniferyounginillinois
    jenniferyounginillinois Posts: 535 Member
    edited May 2015
    Had a great time last night getting to know Jen over dinner. Thanks again for driving up here to beautiful Peru, Jen!

I had a great time as well Kim. Glad we were able to get together. Ah yes, 'beautiful' Peru. :wink:

Safe travels back home.

400th post!!! Woohoo!!!!! :smiley:
    Thanks Heron. I'll probably stick to the ones in oil. Kim and I talked a little about meat and what I had been able to determine when I have had GI issues. I'm actually pretty sure it's been the standard grain fed meat that's been the issue. I have only recently had pasture raised meat. Going to keep better track of what I eat as well as the results.
  • TJ_Gauthier
    TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
    Heron, I nailed it this morning! I got two perfectly runny eggs. I've very happy with it.
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    hope you can figure out what is affecting you. Recently I realized that I am sesitive to eggs. Wtf!! But I can tolerate pastured eggs. So you are right about what the animals are eating affects us.
    I personally love the taste of pastured pork. They are so good! I don't know what your freezer situation is, but if you buy a half pig its actually not that much more than regular pork.

TJ, whoo hoo on runny eggs! Yum!
    Thank you Heron. I've been buying pastured eggs and not having any issues with them. We have a few amazing farmers in the area who sell at the farmers markets. So I'll be checking some of them out this year.

Off to the Tough Mudder Chicago weekend. Have a great weekend everybody!
  • beerbikegirl
    beerbikegirl Posts: 342 Member
    Hey guys. Happy Tough Mudder to some of you. Happy Saturday to all the rest!

I increasingly wonder if the real issue many of us have with products of a GMO base (be it corn chips made with GMO corn or eggs and meat from GMO grain feed to the animals) is much more the intolerance to glysophate (sp? aka RoundUp) sprayed on the plants. And to think I used to think that stuff was harmless. Practically bathed in it. Or at least had no problems with liberally applying it while wearing shorts and short sleeves. Not at all worried about what got on my skin. Funny during those years I had all sorts of hard to diagnose medical issues and suspected auto immune disease.
  • carolssalva
    carolssalva Posts: 546 Member
    sbuzzard24 wrote: »
    Thanks so much. I love W30 and feel so much better when I am eating clean. I am a person who NEEDS rules, so I really like the guidelines. After 20 months of eating HORRIBLY the first week of detox was rough, and to make it even worse I decided to give up coffee for the W30 as well... headaches, no energy...but by day 7 I was seeing huge changes in my workouts, so much more energy! My first W30 alerted me to a legume sensitivity (they give me terrible headaches). YOU'LL DO GREAT!!!

Great to have you! We just finished the tough mudder in Chicago. Well, Wisconsin.
    It was miserably cold. Every water obstacle was my worst nightmare. But we did it! We did it! We did it!
    I'm driving in a car with Jennifer right now. And she is laughing at my text to speech I habits. Like when you have to say the word "exclamation point" but you have to say it in a monotone voice so that it will be recognized.

You guys, we really all need to get together soon. I'm happy that some of us will be together in Las Vegas. I hope more people can make it!

Jennifer is laughing at me again.
    Hey guys. Happy Tough Mudder to some of you. Happy Saturday to all the rest!

I increasingly wonder if the real issue many of us have with products of a GMO base (be it corn chips made with GMO corn or eggs and meat from GMO grain feed to the animals) is much more the intolerance to glysophate (sp? aka RoundUp) sprayed on the plants. And to think I used to think that stuff was harmless. Practically bathed in it. Or at least had no problems with liberally applying it while wearing shorts and short sleeves. Not at all worried about what got on my skin. Funny during those years I had all sorts of hard to diagnose medical issues and suspected auto immune disease.

Kim, are you doubting the fine folks at Monsanto? ;)

sbuzzard24 wrote: »
    Thanks so much. I love W30 and feel so much better when I am eating clean. I am a person who NEEDS rules, so I really like the guidelines. After 20 months of eating HORRIBLY the first week of detox was rough, and to make it even worse I decided to give up coffee for the W30 as well... headaches, no energy...but by day 7 I was seeing huge changes in my workouts, so much more energy! My first W30 alerted me to a legume sensitivity (they give me terrible headaches). YOU'LL DO GREAT!!!

Great to have you! We just finished the tough mudder in Chicago. Well, Wisconsin.
    It was miserably cold. Every water obstacle was my worst nightmare. But we did it! We did it! We did it!
    I'm driving in a car with Jennifer right now. And she is laughing at my text to speech I habits. Like when you have to say the word "exclamation point" but you have to say it in a monotone voice so that it will be recognized.

You guys, we really all need to get together soon. I'm happy that some of us will be together in Las Vegas. I hope more people can make it!

Jennifer is laughing at me again.

I concur with Carol on needing to get together "period" (see what I did there Carol - hehehe) BTW, cold weather or not, Carol kicked butt yesterday. She showed that Mudder who's boss.

Next stop, Las Vegas!!!!

Want to be a Tough Mudder spectator? FORGET IT!!!! PARTICIPATE!!!! I regret not participating yesterday, even though I had a great time. The spectators are just so limited in what they get to see (the first half of this course had no spectator access at all). I know Heron and Arturo will be watching us in Vegas. I hope that course has more spectator access.