Guy Leech gym equipment?

Options
duckykissy
duckykissy Posts: 285 Member
My husband really wants a rowing machine, and the Guy Leech stuff at Big W is affordable. But is it any good?

Does anyone have any experience with these flat pack gyms?

Replies

• DeFYneME
    DeFYneME Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for the guy leech one but my experience with DIY machines is.. Super BAD! Waste of time and money.
  • S4Lyons
    S4Lyons Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I use to row in high school, rowing machines are generally fine doubt you'd have many problems and it looks pretty cheap
  • duckykissy
    Options
    MsTinaSays wrote: »
    I can't speak for the guy leech one but my experience with DIY machines is.. Super BAD! Waste of time and money.

Why Super bad & a waste?

I saw one online review calling the Home Gym that I'm looking at "flimsy" and mocking it for having a max of 120 kg. But honestly that's a hell of a lot more than I can imagine I would ever need. But the word "flimsy" bothers me a bit. I haven't seen anything on the rowing machine, but even if it's not heavy duty it's just my husband using it. Again I'm more worried that it would just break down after a couple weeks or fall apart than it not being enough.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Perhaps go into the store & see if they have the thing on display? Check it out, see if it appears flimsy? Alternatively, if you can afford it, hire one, just in case it ends up collecting dust.
  • duckykissy
    Options
    Husband looked at them and said that the two examples were bad. He used more colourful language, but flimsy was along the lines.

I never thought about hiring one. Who hires them out? I'm rural- would they deliver?
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I had a look a while ago at those. There were some not so good reviews for it on the Big W website. Maybe check there for peoples experiences? also maybe productreview.com.au