Coconut Oil - Going Liquid

petr8888
petr8888 Posts: 47 Member
I am in the last third of my current container of coconut oil. This container is doing the same as priors in that the coconut has moved from being liquid to being a mix of liquid and solid. Anybody else experience that? Reason?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Temperature is the only reason I know of it changing from solid to liquid... Only other thing I can think of is length of time? I go through mine pretty quick though, so dunno....
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    petr8888 wrote: »
    I am in the last third of my current container of coconut oil. This container is doing the same as priors in that the coconut has moved from being liquid to being a mix of liquid and solid. Anybody else experience that? Reason?

I dont know where you are but it's spring here in NC which means shorts and t-shirts one day and jackets the next....maybe all in the same day. Just the temp variations changing the state. Coconut oil is fine either as a solid or a liquid.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Keto_T wrote: »
    petr8888 wrote: »

I dont know where you are but it's spring here in NC which means shorts and t-shirts one day and jackets the next....maybe all in the same day. Just the temp variations changing the state. Coconut oil is fine either as a solid or a liquid.

^this. Ours always is liquid in the spring/summer/fall and solid in the winter. Same with the butter we leave on the butter dish on the counter. It is actually easier to measure tbsp of liquid coconut oil than it is solid.