Hunger pangs after maintenance for a year

Options
MzYoga
MzYoga Posts: 21 Member
I've been on maintenance for over a year and have recently begun to experience hunger pangs within an hour after a substantial meal. What gives? My weight and eating habits are stable; it's just new experiencing hunger. Anybody have this happen?

Replies

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    You may already know this...your diary is not open so I cant tell but, my first thought was not enough protein. I mean eat ALOT of protein. at least .8 grams per pound of body weight. I weigh 130 and try and get at least 115 grams/day. When I all of the sudden began having hunger pangs, I noticed my protein was at around 80. It was much better when I upped it! Good luck!
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    farfromthetree gave you great advice!

Like you, I started feeling super hungry after about 5 months of maintenance. At first I increased my calories, but noticed weight started coming back. I asked my MFP friends for advice and after looking at my Diary, they recommended I increase protien (I never got close to the protien macros!)...

I started by adding Chobani yogurt as a snack (any Greek high protien brand will do), and noticed the hunger pangs were calming down...

I was able to go back to my 1600 maintenance calories a day with no more hunger pangs (had been up to 1750 to satisfy hunger pangs).

Hope this helps,

Jean