Do you lose weight at a faster rate that MFP says you will?

Options
minties82
minties82 Posts: 907 Member
Just being nosey here really. I eat an amount that MFP says will have me lose about 0.5kg or 1 pound per week. I seem to lose about 1.4-1.7kg per week (about 3lbs to 3lbs and 12oz).

I do often eat back a portion of exercise kilojoules (yeah, I'm in one of those weird countries that uses funny measurements :wink: ) but as I am mainly sendentary and use mostly walking, it's not that hard on my body so I don't eat a huge amount back. Over the last 6 days I have averaged 5870 kilojoules and my goal is 5653 kilojoules - about 1350kcal.

When I started on here I was eating about 800kcal and averaged 1.8kg lost a week. Some weeks I only lost 1kg. That was back in the high carb days. My doctor actually reccomended that low amount to me! So my weight loss is still really good, but I eat a lot more. Man, I love low carb!

I am 4'11" and about 193lbs so still quite big. I was 253lbs 4 months ago. Maybe my size has a lot to do with it? I'm obese class II.

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Yes, I lose more weight than Mfp says I will based on my deficit. But that's because, as on this board we will probably all agree, cico is not the whole story!
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. It's pretty cool isn't it? I still can't get over at what a difference there is. For the first time in my life I am satisfied with what I eat and weight loss seems pretty effortless. 1350kcal doesn't sound like much, but for a stumpy lazy little person like me it's pretty good. I could probably eat more which I might try next week.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Ha. I wish.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    but the flip side is sometimes I put on weight faster than i should based on cico because i've eaten too many carbs
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love to laugh when MFP's diary tells me "based on today" I will gain ten pounds in the next five weeks.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I sigh when it tells me based on today I will lose 10 lbs in the next five weeks. Never happens. I thought it over-estimated loss for everyone...
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    minties82 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. It's pretty cool isn't it? I still can't get over at what a difference there is. For the first time in my life I am satisfied with what I eat and weight loss seems pretty effortless. 1350kcal doesn't sound like much, but for a stumpy lazy little person like me it's pretty good. I could probably eat more which I might try next week.

LOL, I'm in the "stumpy lazy" category too. 5 feet and a half inch here and currently around 210-211. I aim to lose about 50 more pounds; I started this journey at the end of February 25 pounds heavier than I am now. And yes, MFP told me I would lose less than that. :)
  • m_puppy
    m_puppy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Sometimes yes and sometimes no. If I wasn't so lazy err I mean busy (that's what Americans call it now) I would track everything and then create a graph. Who knows, maybe I'm closer to what they say than I think. But some days, when I know I've eaten <5 carbs, I don't track the meat binges.