Hey! Does Anybody know what snacks are low in carbs and sugar? Please help me!

Options
Noe503
Noe503 Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
I've been looking and I couldn't find some

Replies

• kriskrey
    kriskrey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Vegetables are going to probably be your best bet if you want low carbs and sugar.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on boiled eggs, chicken drumsticks, salami crisps, you make these by popping salami slices on a baking sheet and put them in the oven until crisp, brazil nuts are low as well.
  • Pamerson2010
    Pamerson2010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Carrots! I love to snack on carrots. <3
  • LetrellC
    LetrellC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Who is to say you have to eat specific snacks? I'm with RuNaRoUnD.... I eat whatever I have in the fridge. Protein fills me very well and suits my body. I can't eat more than 40g sugar/day. I have a potassium deficiency so I grab high protein, high potassium, low sugar foods. Fresh meats are great. Boiled eggs. I love baby swiss cheese. I like to wrap a slice of baby swiss and fresh turkey in a spinach leaf. Fills me well.
  • nyraphe88
    nyraphe88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bacon is a good low carb low sugar snack. I love bacon. Cheese sticks are pretty good too. Celery with Cashew butter and cinnamon is the bomb (that'll have about 6g of sugar for 2tbsp butter and 3 sticks of celery). Bison Bars by Epic are really yummy: https://epicbar.com/products
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Cheese!! 2% Cottage Cheese, Strawberries, Nut's. I work with someone who is always on Low Carb, and she eats a lot of cheese and Jerkey. She has been on it for a few years, and it works great for her.
  • grannieanniex7
    grannieanniex7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am still pretty new at this but I have found nuts and cheese so far if you get tired of veggies
  • jjennc1
    jjennc1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hard boiled egg whites and salsa!
  • deanngore
    deanngore Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You can have redi whip with sugar free jello , Deli meat with cheese wraps if you like spicy try the Boars head chipotle Gouda its so good. Cucumbers or any veggies with guac or hummus oh and deviled eggs that's it good luck
  • nancypnurse
    nancypnurse Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Nuts! 24 almonds have 160 calories-- even the ones that are dusted with coconut or dark cocoa. 1/2 cup pistachios (with shells) is also 160 calories. Because of the (good) fat content, they are surprisingly filling...
  • Gracex96
    Gracex96 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Vegetables and fruits are actually carb resource.
    I think quest bar is one one the best snacks as its high of protein and only one gram of sugar. However it contains 22 grams of carb.

Nuts are also good it does not contain high carb :)
  • chelisaclifton31
    chelisaclifton31 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love Edamame as a snack!
  • skinny_inside_70
    skinny_inside_70 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I eat fresh strawberries with fat free whipped topping. It satisfies my sweet craving and is refreshing especially on a hot day!
  • mr1217
    mr1217 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like to take ham slices from the deli and wrap a slice over a pickle (some pickles are high in sugar... you'll have to find one that isn't too bad). These store pretty well in the fridge.

Other ideas....

4 triscuits and a lowfat mozzarella cheese stick.
    9 raw almonds and one Bliss chocolate square

Marilyn

• 64heyjude
    64heyjude Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I mix lite cream cheese with a little dry ranch dip mix. Use with celery, green pepper, radishes, carrots etc. Also string cheese, nuts. Old Wisconsin turkey sausage bites. Just found sun-dried tomato snacks. I don't tend to eat a lot when I snack, so a little goes a long way.
  • shrinkingfox
    shrinkingfox Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Acy raw veggies of your choice with any of the following: fresh salsa, hummus, herbed plain greek yogurt.
  • MelanieBruce1
    MelanieBruce1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I sometimes do a low carb pita (ie: josephs) - toasted in oven with paprika & garlic powder, paired with guacamole, hummus, or Tzatziki sauce for dipping.
  • curiousrei
    curiousrei Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like having having the little cups (5.3oz) of 0% fat greek yogurt. I prefer the open nature brand (found at Safeway) because it's only 90 calories with 16g of protein and it's less sour than Fage. I add about 1 tsp of pure maple syrup (~17 extra calories) along with a couple blackberries (~5 calories) that I squish in to make the total calories around ~112. It's very filling and tasty!

I also enjoy eating almonds. I highly recommend the blue diamond habanero bbq! They're sooo good!
    In general, like how other people have posted, carrots, celery, and berries are all low in calories and you can eat a lot of them. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries- they're all yummy! Plain popcorn is another good snack- or they have low calorie flavored ones too. Popcorn like potato chips just isn't as satisfying of a snack for me, so I don't usually eat it.

My other go to snack are Think Thin bars. My favorite is the salted caramel and it's only 150 calories with 10 g of protein and it's delicious (like eating a candy bar)!