2»

Replies

• tabathavm
    tabathavm Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    giusa wrote: »
    tabathavm wrote: »
    @tabathavm, try to increase your water intake and are you on a deficit?

Yes i was doing around 1400 cals but after doing scoobys calc i changed it to 1685. i drink alot of water Also

These calculators assume that you do *not* eat your cals back, where MFP is designed to eat your cals back...

Great idea to up your protein!

Oh Neat. I didnt know that! So NOT eatting cal back is good right? (I havent been eatting mine back)

• tabathavm
    Options
    @tabathavm, you're not alone, from Jan to April I gained 7 lbs and inches too! At the end of April I changed my cals and macros, and finally started to see a downward trend. I wonder if our bodies freak out in its own way then needs time to adjust...
    I found this post and it eased my mind - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear/p1
    Thanks! Going to read this now...
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options

Yes i was doing around 1400 cals but after doing scoobys calc i changed it to 1685. i drink alot of water Also

These calculators assume that you do *not* eat your cals back, where MFP is designed to eat your cals back...

Oh Neat. I didnt know that! So NOT eatting cal back is good right? (I havent been eatting mine back)

It depends on which calculator you are following, TDEE (scooby calculator already *includes* exercise calories) or MFP (does *not* include exercise calories, that why you eat them back)?
  • giusa
    Options
    Highly recommend this post too - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
    The women is *awesome* and will answer any of your questions.
  • tabathavm
    Options

It depends on which calculator you are following, TDEE (scooby calculator already *includes* exercise calories) or MFP (does *not* include exercise calories, that why you eat them back)?
    Okay. So i dont eat them back right? Following scoobys that is.
  • tabathavm
    Options
    Highly recommend this post too - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
    The women is *awesome* and will answer any of your questions.

Thanks! Ill check this out.
  • giusa
    edited May 2015
    Options

No, do not eat back your exercise calories.

I follow TDEE - 15% deficit...that seems to work best for me...
  • tabathavm
    Options

Ok.
    I just did my scoobys calculator thing again because after reading your post something went off in my head and I just got the notion that maybe I read the wrong number so I went back and checked and I did...... Before i did scoobys i was doing somewhere in the 1400 and not eating back calories.
    so the first time I did Scoobys it's said to eat 1694 and I just rechecked it and in fact that was just my BMR ....I'm supposed to eat 1864. which is at a 20% deficit.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

Ok.
    I just did my scoobys calculator thing again because after reading your post something went off in my head and I just got the notion that maybe I read the wrong number so I went back and checked and I did...... Before i did scoobys i was doing somewhere in the 1400 and not eating back calories.
    so the first time I did Scoobys it's said to eat 1694 and I just rechecked it and in fact that was just my BMR ....I'm supposed to eat 1864. which is at a 20% deficit.

Wow, if you need 1800 and you were at 1400, you were definitely under-eating!
    Your body will thank you for the extra fuel :)
  • tabathavm
    Options
    Pipsg1rl wrote: »

Ok.

Wow, if you need 1800 and you were at 1400, you were definitely under-eating!
    Your body will thank you for the extra fuel :)

Yea i was shocked!