New to the group

Options
melwharris91
melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
Hi, i am 45 years old and new to the group. It is true once you hit your forties it is hard to keep in shape. My goal is to weigh 135 to 140 pounds. I weighed 147 this morning. I am hoping to find a group of like minded people to help each other with our goals. I have a crazy work schedule so fitting in a regular work out is a challenge

Replies

• pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    Hi Mel. 42 here and I just sent you a friend request. You'll figure out a routine that works for you. I work out early in the morning.
  • karen91967
    karen91967 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like!!! I work night shift so i know all about fitting in exercise with crazy work schedules!!
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    My name is colleen anyone can add me if they like
  • michele689299
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Michelle. I try to walk everyday for at least 30 mins and I also use the exercise equipment in my local park! Greta working out in this weather.. I am also limiting my calories and trying to keep away from the dreaded calorific wine! I would be grateful for any advice and tips :)
  • susanstuart18
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend.....seems like our goal weights are about the same.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just turned 45, too. Staying in shape & losing weight takes a lot more effort and discipline as we all struggle to resist the somewhat natural inclination to be couchpotato. But it's a lot more fun to be as active as possible, eat right, hold each other accountable and improve our lives, being an inspiration to others. Once you stoke the fire of getting active and staying active, the real fun begins! Down 27.5 lbs this year and counting. Feel free to add me, happy to help others and get some pressure on myself to be accountable too :) -Jeremy
  • shanniepk
    shanniepk Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 43 and started getting more serious about my health at 40 and hitting it hard this last year. I am in better shape and certainly stronger than I was in my 20s (I didn't say skinnier:)). I have a crazy work schedule as well, but MADE the time and stopped making work/family as my excuse. I started out in the 160s and I'm at 131--feels great to be so much closer to my ultimate goals! You can add me :smile: .
  • jaegerks
    jaegerks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and I started getting serious about my health about 5 years ago. I have lost around 50 pounds and would like to lose about 10 more, at 5'2" I weigh 138ish. I started running this summer which is giving me a nice shape and I love it (but my knees don't). I'm having a terrible time with maintaining where I'm at let alone losing this extra 10 pounds! I would love to have some people to help encourage and help encourage me. I'm also doing the Jillian Michaels shred, I'm on level 1 day 6 and my arms seem toner and definitely stronger but not quite seeing the results I had hoped for. Any thoughts?
  • tonguetied69
    Options
    Hi all! 43 years old, 5'6 and needing to loose another 25 pounds. Lost 25 and now I'm stuck. Work 2nd and 3rd shifts so I eat junk food. Can't do alot of lifting because I have rotator cuff issues. All I do is cycle, walk and jog. What else is there? Feel free to add me as friend, if you like. I need help ;-)
  • Deedle7544
    Deedle7544 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am barely in this group at 49 - my goal is to lose 30 pounds before I turn 50, and so I am looking for any and all friends to chat with, etc. I have an office job, egular hours and no excuse to not exercise. I used to run, then I quit and I am having a hard time getting started again.