Primal egg coffee... holy cow!

Options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Well, after shaking my jar at work everyday last week and being underwhelmed at the results, I bought a cheap immersion blender to keep at work....so I'm all set. There's no stopping me now.....coconut oil in my drawer and butter in the work fridge, eggs are next.

Anyone know where to get a hot friendly shaker/jar reasonably priced? I can't seem to find ANYTHING. The shaker mugs above are highly priced at my local WM...
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    Well, after shaking my jar at work everyday last week and being underwhelmed at the results, I bought a cheap immersion blender to keep at work....so I'm all set. There's no stopping me now.....coconut oil in my drawer and butter in the work fridge, eggs are next.

Anyone know where to get a hot friendly shaker/jar reasonably priced? I can't seem to find ANYTHING. The shaker mugs above are highly priced at my local WM...

A mason jar and the metal ball thing from blender balls. Just a guess, but metal and glass are heat tolerant, and mason jars are made for exposure to high levels of heat.
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Save your money for a magic bullet (50$). I use mine every day and it's become an indispensable kitchen appliance. It makes mayo, BPC, fat bombs, smoothies, dressings and once again BPC that I would have easily paid 7$ for back in my Starbucks days. I got mine on sale and it makes my lchf woe so much easier.
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    So the Magic Bullet handles the hot liquids? My mini blender lid dang near melted with my coffee!
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of primal coffee before but am so amused to read this! My great grandad always used to whisk an egg into his cup of tea in the morning, much to the horror of the family. He died over 40 years ago but his tea/egg has passed into family legend and people still tell each other in shocked tones "You know he used to whisk an egg into his tea??" Great Grandad is vindicated after all, can't wait to tell my Dad he was just ahead of the curve :smiley:

THIS is awesome.
  • annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    OP here- I gave this a good try for a few days and I really liked it, but it just wasn't keeping me full like the rest of you guys! I went back to regular coffee and regular cookef eggs for breakfast. Am I doing it wrong by using 2 cups of coffee instead of 1? Would that make a difference?
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    OP here- I gave this a good try for a few days and I really liked it, but it just wasn't keeping me full like the rest of you guys! I went back to regular coffee and regular cookef eggs for breakfast. Am I doing it wrong by using 2 cups of coffee instead of 1? Would that make a difference?

If you increase the coffee, you need to increase the eggs. And the coffee should be double strength. Otherwise so much is off in the recipe. It makes all the difference. Also, I combined my bullet proofing with my egg and call it LOADED...LOL

So mine is 2 eggs, whole. 4 TBSP heavy cream. 1-2 TBSP coconut oil. 4 packets stevia. "dash" salt. 12 oz of (now) triple strength tea. And it has to be hotter than blazes to rachet up the flavor... It is rich and frothy and keeps me full almost to dinner! Usually I do a super light lunch - then I go until 7 pm from the double whammy. :)
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, then. The peer pressure was just...too...much. ;-) Had one egg left in the carton this a.m., not enough to do anything with other than to give this coffee tweak a try, so I did. My BPC base is apprx. 1 TBSP each butter and EV Coconut Oil, plus cocoa powder and some DaVinci SF syrup, so I added to that one whole beaten egg this morning in my coffee. Texture was nice, more substantial. DEFINITELY noticed the "weightiness" of the mug 'o joe...almost couldn't finish the cup. Really? With just one egg added? Huh, go figure. Anyway, taste was good...frothier as others mentioned. Actual taste wasn't much different. Right now am feeling as if I won't want to eat until well into the afternoon...we'll see how that plays out in the next couple hours. ;-)

Would definitely repeat!
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited May 2015
    Options
    tru2one wrote: »
    Alrighty, then. The peer pressure was just...too...much. ;-) Had one egg left in the carton this a.m., not enough to do anything with other than to give this coffee tweak a try, so I did. My BPC base is apprx. 1 TBSP each butter and EV Coconut Oil, plus cocoa powder and some DaVinci SF syrup, so I added to that one whole beaten egg this morning in my coffee. Texture was nice, more substantial. DEFINITELY noticed the "weightiness" of the mug 'o joe...almost couldn't finish the cup. Really? With just one egg added? Huh, go figure. Anyway, taste was good...frothier as others mentioned. Actual taste wasn't much different. Right now am feeling as if I won't want to eat until well into the afternoon...we'll see how that plays out in the next couple hours. ;-)

Would definitely repeat!

I hope this starts a new amazing love affair! LOL For me it was a case of mixing it up and finding something new. I burned myself out of eggs back when I started eating LCHF, so getting eggs in without tasting them seemed like a total WIN, especially given that egg fasts and such were supposed to be really good for you...

So, I try never to NOT try something new... I realize my taste buds have evolved so much, I never know what's I'll love or hate until I try it... :)

But, as you found, @tru2one, but already bulletproofing your hot beverage of choice, one egg is a lovely boost. Personally, I don't think one egg alone without the BPing would be substantial enough for me! :)
  • Almoshposh
    Almoshposh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Today was the third day in a row I had this for breakfast and I'm still loving it so much. And someone said don't drink your calories :p ! I just noticed one thing though. With my normal cup of coffee the caffeine hits me immediately and I'm all hyper as soon as I finish it. However with the loaded BPC (snicker!) there's no caffeine effect which is strange considering it's double strength. It almost feels like drinking decaf. Anyone else experience this?
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Today was the third day in a row I had this for breakfast and I'm still loving it so much. And someone said don't drink your calories :p ! I just noticed one thing though. With my normal cup of coffee the caffeine hits me immediately and I'm all hyper as soon as I finish it. However with the loaded BPC (snicker!) there's no caffeine effect which is strange considering it's double strength. It almost feels like drinking decaf. Anyone else experience this?

I think it is a more sustained release of energy, especially if you use the coconut oil. I drink tea, not coffee, so I can't speak to that specifically, but I do not notice a crash or anything with the LOADED stuff. :)
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Fat slows absorbtion so you aren't metabolizing the caffeine as quickly.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I want to want this, for all the obvious convenience and nutrition reasons, but I just can't mentally get my head around 1) raw egg, and 2) raw egg in coffee. Makes me want to gag just thinking about it.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    it tastes like custard swear
  • Sk8Kate
    Sk8Kate Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've been adding 2 eggs, 1 tbsp whipping cream, 1 tbsp coconut oil, & 1 tbsp butter to 1 c regular strength coffee for 3 days now. Is awesome drink, but today was so hungry I could've eaten anything I could get my hands on. Would increasing strength of coffee & amounts of cream & coconut oil help do you think? Why salt?
  • CyTottleben
    CyTottleben Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can't stand coffee but have made myself bullet proof hot chocolate, with HWC, butter, stevia, unsweetened cocoa powder, and vanilla. Of course, I also drink this without the cocoa and add cinnamon...its like warm pudding. Can't have more than a dribble at a time, but it certainly quells any desire I have for snack foods/sweets!
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I joined the band wagon...had my 2nd morning BPC with the added two eggs, but was out of butter. I was very nervous, but it wasn't bad. I may not have blended it enough though, as the first sip had some "texture" to it...and so I put it back in and gave it a bit more with the nutribullet (which is what I usually use for my BPC). Luckily I like my eggs runny...

I used 10 oz coffee,1 tbls coconut oil, two whole eggs, pinch of salt and a few drops of stevia. We'll see how satiating this is for me and then I'll revisit. I'm just getting back to keto after a few weeks off overindulgence and was considering an egg fast to give myself a bump, so this could help me a lot.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Is everyone making these in a french press, or are you subjecting your family to double-dose coffee from the pot? :D
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this! I have been adding the coconut oil and heavy cream to my coffee, but this sounds like an excellent plan for me since I love eggs and creamy coffee so much. Just a note, because I'm annoying like this, it's pastured eggs that he talks about not pasteurized eggs, which is different. He's talking about free range farm type eggs. Pastured and pasteurized are not the same. Just FYI.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this! I have been adding the coconut oil and heavy cream to my coffee, but this sounds like an excellent plan for me since I love eggs and creamy coffee so much. Just a note, because I'm annoying like this, it's pastured eggs that he talks about not pasteurized eggs, which is different. He's talking about free range farm type eggs. Pastured and pasteurized are not the same. Just FYI.

People here are asking about pasteurized because of the fear of salmonella. However, coffee is brewed at temperatures above that which is needed to kill salmonella, so it basically pasteurizes the egg as part of the process of making it.