Keeping up

thadden674
thadden674 Posts: 22 Member
Give me your secrets! How do you cook healthy, clean house and make it to the gym on a weekly basis? My house is in a state of filth!

Replies

• Chris50mfp
    Chris50mfp Posts: 18 Member
    I think the key is to prioritize what's important and try to carve out a little bit of time for yourself we set a goal no matter if it's 30 minutes for cleaning or for exercise but most importantly some time for you and your family make them apart of the journey feel free to friend me if you'd like you can always talk offline for more suggestions
  • I'll confess.... I have a cleaning crew once a week just for the main floor and washrooms of my house. The rest I do when the cleaning crew is there (bedrooms and basement). It forces me to pick up the clutter on the main floor on Friday nights. I'm a single Mom and wouldn't be able to keep up otherwise.

I food prep every weekend. I cut veggies, bake chicken breasts, make big casseroles and use my crockpot for soups to pack for my lunches (I could live on homemade soups alone... LOL!). On weeknights, I re-heat or stir fry (which is easy if all the veggies are chopped!). My son is used to me running or working out as soon as I get home from work. We have dinner together when I'm done.

Sunday mornings are for my long runs.
  • azneee
    azneee Posts: 25 Member
    Dedicating some kitchen time on the weekend to making a Big Batch of Something (a giant salad to last through the week, or a couple roast chickens for easy burritos, etc) helps me. And prioritizing differently than i used to makes cleaning lower on the list.
  • Oakstaff777
    Oakstaff777 Posts: 14 Member
    Lots of gym workouts can be done at home, search the web for body weight/ no equipment workouts there's tons and they are effective too. I've lost 6 pounds using no gym or equipment at home, try it :)