Ideas Board

Options
nickdemarco
nickdemarco Posts: 61 Member
What are the good ideas for events/topics at your support group? What worked well with your crew? Tell everyone here!

Replies

• nickdemarco
    nickdemarco Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Here's one my group (OLL Camden) came up with: The moderators obtained and distributed pedometers from the hospital, and told us to use them daily. Then they presented the challenge: We would all track our steps, and "walk" from the front door of the hospital (right outside of Philadelphia), all the way to Boston, Massachusetts. They measured how many steps to a mile (I forget what the number was), and told us to keep track of total miles walked. When we hit a certain amount of miles, we would arrive at a "virtual" location in Boston and accomplish the goal.

Everyone was excited, and our group committed themselves to the challenge. Lindsey of our group got there first, in just a few weeks. I believe several others followed.

Your group can do this as well. Pick a location, and Google Maps the directions between your two points to obtain the distance in miles. Then, using a pedometer or some other way of tracking your distance walked, head for some far away place. Whoever gets there first wins a prize, or something...

By the way, Lindsey told us all she wasn't stopping for a beer at Cheers - she just kept going, and eventually she ended up in London, England! Who knows where she is now, virtually... She could be in Rome at this point! As for me, I might be a few towns over from Camden by now - my pedometer broke, so I have no idea how far I've walked! :laugh: