Just restarted with MFP....

Options
acstl
acstl Posts: 32 Member
Hi...I just signed on after months away. I have been using FitBit, and it suddenly stopped working, so I came back here. I'm a retired high school teacher, husband, dad, and proud grandpa of 5. This summer my MD told me I was early stage diabetes so no more playing around with my weight. At that time I was 240...my heaviest. I am currently at 190. My first goal was hitting 199, my next to 185. Anxious to make some new friends on this journey of getting healthy.

Replies

• beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I was at 258 last summer when starting this journey and am now at 198.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you here! I'm on my 2nd round of MFP - had previously hit my goal then weight started creeping back on again over about 2 years - decided it was time to get back on it before it got too far. Now I'm worried less about weight, more about fitness and BF%.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

As bwmalone said, please focus on fat loss, not weight loss.
  • acstl
    acstl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!
  • gquesnelle
    gquesnelle Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey man, welcome. It's a good thing you've decided to buckle down and listen to your Doc. I'm pretty heavy right now, and I know I'll be living a healthier life if I can get my bf% and fat loss down significantly. Glad to see that you've lost so much, it's actually quite motivating.