Sodium Shockers! Check your labels

Options
jplis
jplis Posts: 28 Member
Are You Getting Too Much Sodium? Your body needs sodium. But most of us get too much. U.S. guidelines call for less than 2,300 milligrams of sodium per day: about 1 teaspoon of table salt. You may be surprised by some of the foods that are high in sodium. It's not just about the salt shaker on your table. What foods are shocking you? Check your labels.

Replies

• mickaykay00
    mickaykay00 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This little thing of guacamole has 200mg of sodium
  • amandapretty
    amandapretty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was looking at the nutrition facts for one of my favorite cereals, Raisin Bran, because I figured that there would be a lot of sugar, and I also found that one serving has 15% of the daily amount of sodium hidden in it. So, sadly, even in a food doesn't taste or seem salty, there could still be high amounts of sodium in it.
  • maddiebieber1256
    maddiebieber1256 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I found out this strawberry smoothie has 0mg of sodium #score uifjkpvgnhoz.jpg
  • rbing15
    rbing15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really wish lunch meat didn't have 650 MG of sodium! It's so convenient and its very unhealthy! It seems like most unhealthy foods are very convinient... sigh
  • carolinenc10
    carolinenc10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This challenge has gotten me to open my eyes a little wider to see all the junk we are eating. Yet half the time we don't even know what we are eating we just eat. It blows my mind how much sodium was in my daily diet. :#
  • abbyvarney
    abbyvarney Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So many thinks have more sodium than I would have expected. From now on I am going to look at ALL labels and make sure it has a decent amount
This discussion has been closed.