The mental connection

Options
triciap7
triciap7 Posts: 16 Member
Hello, friends. I don't know if this will be helpful to anyone, but I'm going to throw it out there... There is a book called _A Course in Weight Loss_ by Marianne Williams, which is really helpful in understanding how our emotions are related to our eating habits. We associate feeding ourselves with loving ourselves. We say, "I will reward myself with this ice cream," when it is not a loving thing at all to overeat and cause our bodies disease (heart disease, diabetes, etc.). It is difficult, but not impossible to change the way we've been "hardwired" to have emotional responses to food. It means changing the way we think, which will then change our behavior. I found Marianne's book to be a great first step in understanding my relationship with food. I wish everyone luck in meeting goals during this challenge and beyond!

Replies

• wannabesexymama
    wannabesexymama Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am an emotional eater when I'm sad I hate it but I am trying to change it now when I get sad I grab a bottle of water the first way to change it is to recognize that you are doing it! When I get stressed I don't eat what I'm sick feeling I don't eat or I eat badly when I'm tired is the worst I wanna stuff my face isn't that sad I now replace those cravings with water!! Thanks for the info on the book will check in to it!