First week back.... Vodka?

Options
mamanicole79
mamanicole79 Posts: 17 Member
So I am back on LCHF this week. Doing really good with staying at 20 carbs a day. It's been a rough week and I know you're not supposed to have any alcohol the first 2 weeks but do you think as long as I mixed with a zero carb soda it would be ok??? Thoughts?

Replies

• DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I'm just gonna say it: YMMV. I think whether and how much alcohol impacts weight loss is a very individual thing. I will occasionally just say "screw it--whatever happens happens" and have a beer... but then it usually does stall me for about a week. I haven't tried liquor yet on this WOE, so I can't speak to that specifically (but next time I drink, I'm going to do my darnedest to have a vodka/diet instead of a beer--why can't I stay away from the beer?! LOL). Whatever decision you make, own it. If it sets you back, learn from it. :)
  • mamanicole79
    mamanicole79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's true I guess we learn from our own journeys. Thanks!
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I was planning on having red wine tonight dilluted with zero carb soda but my appetite got the better of me so unless I walk for 60 minutes it's off the table because I'm watching my calories this week.
    I will say from my own past experience that drinking usually knocks the scale up for a few days so I have to decide if I care about that or not. As they say it's a journey.
  • SazzySuze
    SazzySuze Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've had alcohol with diet soda every Saturday night since I started low carb about 3-4 weeks ago. And every time I do it, I gain back everything I lost during the week. Guess who's not drinking this Saturday? Lol. Apparently I'm one of those that doesn't fare well with alcohol. Individual results may vary.