Help! Tips for fast hair growth!

Options
ShanonVdM
ShanonVdM Posts: 174 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
okayyy so i would love to hear if some of you ladies have tips on growing out your hair. I dont use heat on mine.. Blah blah. I take good care of my hair. It just takes forever to grow. Do some of you ladies have any tips that you know of that stimulates hair growth???

Im desperate ! :s
Ps: my hair is just under my shoulders.

Replies

• katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Agree about eating healthy fats and also don't shampoo every day - it dries your hair and scalp out, which can cause damage to new growth as well as further damage (split ends). You can still rinse your hair every bath/shower but 3x a week tops shampooing. I know it sounds weird maybe but believe me I have suffered from frizzy hair far too long to not let you in on this after my own experience.
  • miannie
    miannie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is probably obvious but I get mine trimmed every 6 weeks and I swear it grows faster!
  • brj134
    brj134 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Biotin!!! It's a vitamin for hair, skin and nails. I am currently taking an all vegan biotin that I bought at sprouts.
  • KSTexans
    KSTexans Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Have you ever looked into natural oils? I know we have completely different hair types, but I have struggled with hair growth my entire life. I decided last year that I would take out chemical-laden products and replace with natural oils. Of course I still use store-bought shampoo and conditioner (I use Aveeno naturals right now and love it), but I have about 4-5" of growth since last July (even after trimming), which is nearly twice what I would normally get. My hair responds well to clove oil, tea tree/lavender oil (mix), and coconut oil. I also add protein treatments (which helps if you see a lot of breakage), it rebuilds the hair shaft. http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/articles.php?f=tip927.htm *** use the link of google essential oils for hair growth. Hope this helps (or at least give you something else to consider)
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I use Rogain I am 58. As I got into my 50's I started noticing lots of hair coming out. It runs in my family. In spring your hair and nails grow faster than any time of the year. The average person grows hair at half an inch a month.
  • jeenakuttan
    jeenakuttan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've started using Nioxin shampoo thrice a week...started to feel a difference
  • jlb691
    jlb691 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also use Biotin, the 5,000 mg capsules, it does wonders for hair, skin and nails and I noticed a difference in about 3 weeks. I also take pre-natal vitamins and fish oil, even though I'm not pregnant the pre-natal vitamins help alot too!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Get plenty of protein.
  • shellaytayn
    shellaytayn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Drink water, exercise, and take vitamins. Also, when you're shampooing your hair in the shower be sure to massage your scalp for a few minutes. This stimulates blood flow to the scalp, and makes your hair grow faster.

For more instant results, try Pravana hair growth shampoo. It's kind of pricey but your hair will grow about an inch a month. Good luck, hair-grow-out sister!!
  • kaywood13
    kaywood13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a hair skin and nails product made from natural ingredients that works miracles. I have seen amazing results on people in as little as 10-14 days. Email me if you want to learn more! Kaywood13@att.net