Booty-Busting Lunge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jul7K0uR8GY

Push up w/side step

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XiougKs1_c

Side Plank w/Dumbbell Arm Extension

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JWG1-L947E

Hop Hop Squat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU2VZqv-BCM

Do each exercise for 40 seconds. Rest 20 seconds between each exercise.

Do this set three times.

Let me know what you think. Have a great week.

Chris

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,429 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You can do the above workout or start with arms again!!

Just in Time For Spring: 35-Day Arm-Sculpting Challenge

Getting started: The challenge consists of five basic exercises that help to target all the areas of your arms. Over the course of the challenge, you will increase the number of reps you're doing of each exercise, eventually working up to three sets of 15 reps for each exercise.
    Below is an explanation of how to do each of the five exercises, followed by the plan itself.

Choosing the appropriate size weight is key here — you want one that fatigues your muscles by the end of the three sets. If the challenge ever feels too easy, that's your cue to increase the weight of the dumbbells (and if you find you are fatiguing too early, decrease the weight amount). Beginners should start the plan with five-pound weights, and for you more-experienced lifters, make this challenge work for you by grabbing a heavier set.

Bicep Curl

• Start by holding a dumbbell in each hand at the sides of the body.
    • Keeping your elbows close to your side, slowly raise the dumbbells to the chest.
    • Moving with control, lower back to the starting position.
    • This counts as one rep.

Upright Row

• Place a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing your body, shoulders over the pelvis, and a slight bend in the knees.
    • Keeping the dumbbells close to your body, raise them to your shoulders, bending your elbows out to the sides. Slowly lower them to the starting position.

Triceps Kickback

• Holding a dumbbell in each hand, hinge forward from your hips, bending the knees slightly. Bend your elbows behind you.
    • Straighten your arms behind you with your palms facing in. Your arms should be parallel to the floor. Squeeze your triceps, and then return to the starting position.

Overhead Shoulder Press

• Hold a dumbbell in each hand just above the shoulders, palms facing in.
    • Straighten the arms above you.
    • Bend the elbows coming back to the starting position to complete one rep.

Bent-Over Reverse Fly

• Holding a dumbbell in each hand with your closed palms facing out, stand with the knees slightly bent. Keeping your back flat, bend forward at the hip joint.
    • Lift both arms to the sides, maintaining a slight bend in the elbows, and squeeze your shoulder blades together. Then, with control, lower the dumbbells back together.
    • This completes one rep.

Week 1 of our 5-Week Plan

Choose an appropriate size dumbbell (three to eight pounds) and follow the plan below. Every other day is a rest day to give your muscles a chance to rebuild and become stronger.

Day 1 8 reps of each (3x)
    Day 2 Rest
    Day 3 8 reps of each (3x)
    Day 4 Rest
    Day 5 10 reps of each (3x)
    Day 6 Rest
    Day 7 10 reps of each (3x)

Let me know what you think. Have FUN!!!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    OMG, Chris. Killer workout.

Thank you for the alternative. Whew!! :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Paula
  • cpanus
    Options
    You're welcome, Paula. I will keep an arm workout in there until you tell me you can do squats and jumps and burpees...bwahahaha! :#

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Ackk!! Squats, okay getting there. Jumps, maybe, we'll see. Burpees :noway: Have you heard the story about about snowballs and burpees in the netherworld? Same chance. :naughty:
  • cpanus
    Options
    I am so, so glad to hear that about the burpees. Of course, Shelley might not think it's as damn funny and we do!! :p Zero Times100 Burpees Club Members unite!!! B) bwahahahah!

Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,897 Member
    Options
    Chris you should be ashamed of yourself. Glad your weekend was good though.

Paula it snowed here most of the weekend. So you might as well do some burpees! LOL

Lynette I love the photos. She looks like a very grown up young lady. But I really think they should sew the pockets of mens pants shut! I wish I had worn a dress like that while I still could have gotten away with it. Stunning!

I cleaned, painted, worked on the tank and cried over the snow all weekend. Family coming in next weekend.

Late Happy Mothers day to all.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,268 Member
    Options
    Walked 2.5 miles, did the 35-Day arms challenge and restarted my plank challenge.

Shelley - snow!!! It was 85 this weekend in Georgia.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    :p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D

B)<3
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,897 Member
    Options
    Kathy it ruined my bleeding hearts, the lace leaf peony, laid down my large lupine plants............Just made a mess. And now the boys park has water over the pathways! Grumble. Love the new "boss" motivation. It should be back up into the low 70's today. Hope our weekend is nice. Nice job on the workouts there boss! :wink:

I am finishing projects around the house all weekend. I am a little ADD! And going through things. Still working on the clutter. Went through some drawers I forgot even existed. All empty now! :smiley: 7 years ago we added an addition. We could not decide on a paint color for one of the windowsill. So it never was painted. I painted it Sunday. Muahaha. Not sure of the color...........But it is painted!

Chris I had to laugh at the hop hop squats. Killers, if I can stop laughing.

Shelley
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    cpanus wrote: »

B)<3
    ????

My PT office has a cow/yoga calendar. Cows doing sun salutation. It's really funny. Found out you can install TRX at home - oh yeah! PTist demonstrated some pull-up variations. And push-ups. :smile: :ohwell:

Kathy, You're rocking it!

Shelley - so sorry about your peonies and garden. :sad:

:flowerforyou: Paula
  • cpanus
    Options

B)<3

I was laughing at Shelley's response to our burpeeless conversation, but Kathy's message got in there before I hit post so it didn't make any sense...sorry.

We have a TRX at home...our trainer gave us a TRX yoga move called the crow. Should be called the killer crow!! EGAD!

The gym last night was hard. All new moves or old moves with heavier weights. Walked this morning w/DH and Bean then started a new book!! Taking a REST DAY from working out!

The wind is cold and fierce up here in northern California!

Hope you all had a grand Tuesday!

Chris

• KAR1959
    Options
    Tennis practice this evening - 90 minutes. Summer USTA starts May 31st. We have been moved up from 2.5 to 3.0. It should be an interesting season.

Shelley - i need to get ADD and get organized in my house. Maybe after vacation.

Paula - so proud of you...nothing can stop you! :)

Chris - I was a little confused myself. I thought you were sending me a secret message. ;)

Goodnight

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options

B)<3

secret message!! you know, this is how rumors get started! :#
  • KAR1959
    Options
    Hilarious!!!
  • cpanus
    Options
    bwahahah! ;)

Off to get Bean then out for a walk with puppy and DH then lunch with old work buddies.

Back Later.

Chris

• KAR1959
    Options
    Tennis practice again tonight - 90 minutes. Definitely taking a rest day tomorrow and going to get my hair done after work. A little pooped...I played singles tonight to get in a little extra cardio.

Goodnight
    Kathy
  • cpanus
    Options
    I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!! We are going to have to call her Darling Dr. Mommy-Daughter!! Or Darling Dr. Daughter-Mommy!! EGAD!!!!

Walked the dog for 2 hours this morning then went to lunch with old work buddies. Spent 3 hours in Martinez!! It was good to see my friends. Shopped after I got home then ate dinner...well, drank dinner. I had a smoothy. It was a good day!

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!! We are going to have to call her Darling Dr. Mommy-Daughter!! Or Darling Dr. Daughter-Mommy!! EGAD!!!!
    Chris
    OMG CONGRATULATIONS!

• cpanus
    Options
    :D:D:D

Thank you!!
  • cpanus
    Options
    We walked with Bean this morning and that is all I've done today. The boys are in napping right now.

My trip to the District yesterday seems to have caused some real drama today! I might just be barred from the payroll floor in the building! Or the entire building for that matter. I don't know if he can do that, but we'll see if he tries. Seems my replacement was told she can't talk policy with me because I'm not an employee. She can't talk to the person who's done the job for almost 10 years...hmmmm. Oh, well. We'll just let him be a moron!

Have a great Friday! The kids are going to Texas to visit friends tomorrow and coming home Sunday. We get Bean for a puppy sleepover weekend!!

Chris