Zero energy day.

Options
jumanajane
jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
Hi all, I got up this morning having slept quite well but feel that I have zero energy today! Heavy head and an effort to even lift my arms. (Hubby says to tell you that it doesn't apply to my tongue muscles though!!!

Replies

• jumanajane
    Options
    ***lost half the post! !!***
  • jumanajane
    Options
    And again! Argghhh. Anyone know a reason or how to resolve. Thanks
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I've had days like that through this process. It was recommended to me to drink a lot of water and replenish electrolytes, magnesium, potassium, and sodium. @DittoDan posted a good link about that, I can't link on my phone so hopefully someone else will be able to.

Also let your body rest some, if you feel that tired don't try to push yourself let your body adjust, hope you feel better soon.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    ^^^This. When that happens to me I have an electrolyte drink and make sure I take my multivitamin. If you don't have blood pressure problems, drink some broth for the extra salt. I'm on hbp med, but I still have the broth occasionally and it makes me feel better. Hope it works for you! Take a day of rest, too.
  • samko1976
    samko1976 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This is really good to know. I felt like this yesterday so could not do my normal exercise.
  • samko1976
    Options
    BTW is this what you guys mean? http://highfive.co.uk/product/hydrate/zero
    How often do you have it everyday or just when you are low energy?
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    I haven't seen that one, drink powerade zero and put lite salt on most stuff and just started taking a magnesium supplement at night. Also in the beginning I would drink broth from bouillon, I did not like that too much but it did help.
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Don't know about other people, but that's the kind of product I use. Mine is from Nuun.
    I don't use it daily, prob every two or three days.
  • micenspicy1
    micenspicy1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Glad to here I'm not the only one feeling lethargic, I'm in my 3rd week of keto diet and feeling like this also, I am going to look for an electrolyte drink, any recommendations as to where to buy a specific drink with sodium , magnesium and potassium ?
  • samko1976
    Options
    Thanks @auntstephie321 I think this is a substitute for the powerade. I'll incorporate the broth too and look into the lite salt. @micenspicy1 The lite powerade should be easy to find as it is from the coca cola company. The tablets I mentioned are from healthfood stores but there is a special offer at my local bicycle store in the uk.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    @samko1976 I'm going to have to see if I can find it in the states. That's what I was originally looking for when I find the powerade. @micenspicy1 I get mine at bj's they sell a case for 12.99
  • jumanajane
    Options
    Thanks for your help. I already take Magnesium, use Lo salt for potassium and normal salt and drink 3 litres + a day and have been through keto flu weeks back. This is an occasional happening so I guess I'm not getting enough of something or perhaps its a mini healing crisis as my body clears out and resets yet another mistreated area. Yesterday was my lowest weight (up 500gm/1 lb today though) so maybe its settling into a lower weight....I can but hope!!! I tried using stock cubes but they all contain MSG which I am very sensitive to so had to stop.
    @samko1976 most chemists in uk stock electrolyte balance sachets but I have no idea if they contain sugar or not...probably! Lol.

Just asked Dr Google and Dioralyte RELIEF is sugar free and readily available in chemists and supermarkets healthcare aisles and pharmacies in UK!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    If sleep and electrolytes are OK, the only thing that sticks out to me is that you had a low-calorie day yesterday. Your body will down-regulate metabolism if your calorie intake is consistently low, but it doesn't look like you're doing that. Try eating a good meal?
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    From what I've found even after you go through the major keto flu, your still not fully adapted, at least for myself this is true, and it can take a couple months to be fully adapted. I had it really bad probably two weeks ago and then felt great, but about once a week I'll have a day or half day where I feel awful. Also more fat helped on those days too.

Sounds like you know what your doing :)
  • samko1976
    Options

This is incredibly helpful! I like the list of low carb natural sources of magnesium, potassium and sodium.
  • jumanajane
    Options
    Thanks again all. @wabmester I have my cals turned off this month so didn't know that. I wasn't hungry at all though. I've just made up for it then by eating low carb pizza,lol. That should redress the balance!
    Would you still get 'flu' days even after 10 or 11 weeks?
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,057 Member
    Options
    BPC always revs me up !
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    jumanajane wrote: »
    Would you still get 'flu' days even after 10 or 11 weeks?

I think the flu is mostly about low sodium, which is caused by ketones in your urine. As long as you're getting enough sodium, I don't think you'll suffer from keto-flu. Also, the ketone level in the urine seems to drop for some people over time, but I think the level can still spike depending on both diet and exercise.
  • jumanajane
    Options
    Kitnthecat wrote: »
    BPC always revs me up !

Lol. That's why you are always whizzing around full of energy! Can't stand it unfortunately.