Cheat Days

Options
Always wonder if this is a positive or negative. A lot of people swear by them, but I question wether or not they help or hinder the process?? Maybe it has to do with the type of eating plan you are doing. Not sure. What do you think?

Replies

• freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I guess in moderation.

It depends on what you mean by a cheat day.

I was in the supermarket last night... I only needed onions, a chunk of ginger and maybe some fruit. I made the mistake of walking the aisles and I found myself checking desserts I love so much. No surprise that one portion of chocolate cake can have a meals worth of calories.

Some stuff I have to cut out because I don't have the self control to cut back... it's got to be a hard line for me for french fries, frappucinos... anything that feels like a snack and won't fit into a "meal" . Once a week, allowing myself a dessert works. I'd die if I thought I could never enjoy a warm brownie with cold ice cream again!
  • blossomnu
    blossomnu Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't plan to have cheat days, but some days I will eat a couple of bad things and then I will end up classifying it as a cheat day...I think that the hard part is not going 'Oh, well I can eat whatever I want today', because if I did that I know I'd just end up eating 3000 cals of absolute crap.
  • jakesgirl05
    Options
    Blossomnu, that is sooo true! I think a meal or a snack once in a while would be fine. But a whole day? That would have to be an extreme rarity. I would bank my calories and prep for the day so I knew I wouldn't end up in the red. We have a family friend that is in great shape, she is a trainer in L.A. And she said that she drops a couple extra pounds before a food event or vacation. When she returns to her schedule she works a bit more and watches her food intake with. More scrutiny than usual. That makes more sense to me. For my birthday I will probably have cake and go out to eat. Thing is, I gotta work extra hard, put in a few more hours at the gym and be sure I am prepared to so the same the next day. It's carbs mostly and fried food that I believe are a total nightmare for me. Carbs from sugar are the worst for me! But I am under no illusions that there will be those occasions. For now I'm sticking to my routine. I do eat some almond butter and cheese once every week or two just to push my body to drop. So far that works. Then I go back to a restrictive diet plan. So far I've lost 5 pounds in a week doing that. The fat intake pushed the pounds off. One snack like that works for me. I'm not big on keto or Atkins. I love my dark green raw veggies and fat like that makes me sick! Thanks for input!!
  • jakesgirl05
    Options
    Free mystery, yeah, I agree. I'm not going to never eat cake again, just gotta prep for that stuff. Thanks for input! It's nice to have people to discuss this with that are doing the same thing!!

THANKS LADIES!!!