Are my micros right?

skeebss
skeebss Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone. I just recently got a personal trainer at the gym in order to push myself to tone my body. He prepared my micros for me and said I should try to hit them as accurately as possible. The amount of carbs in this diet seems impossible for me to achieve. I weigh 110lbs and am 5'4 tall. The micros I received are: 1931 kcal, 121g protein, 266g carbs and 43 gram of fat and 57g of sugar.
Do you think that's correct? And if so how can I eat such a vast amount of carbs without at the same time exceeding other components?
Thank you!

Replies

• mssarasue
    mssarasue Posts: 1 Member
    Those are your macronutrients? That does seem rather high. My guess would be that you are currently focused on gaining muscle & that is why he has you consuming so many calories/carbs. How's it going?
  • wildthingsmom
    wildthingsmom Posts: 26 Member
    he has you at roughly 55% of your calories coming from carbs, 20% from fat, and 25% from protein. Which would make sense if you are doing a lot of cardio But if you are doing more weights, I would think you'd be having a higher percentage of portein. it seems a little off to me but maybe ask him for the % breakdown and and understanding of why he wants you at those #s? ie. I was at 30% carbs, 35% protein and 35% fat and my trainer had me change to 40/30/30 He said I was going to be too low on the carbs based on my workouts but I'm at a much lower caloric intake. He just upped me from 1300 to 1450/day But he "tweaks" based on how I'm feeling and results we are seeing..