What a journey...

Options
Rindabu
Rindabu Posts: 33 Member
BeforeAfter_zps1hm5crd7.jpg

It's been a year and a half since my gastric bypass.

I've gone from 310lbs to 130lbs.
I've gone from a size 28/30 to a size 6.
All my heath problems are resolved.

I had excess skin removal done a month ago. (Yes, my insurance did pay for it. There is hope.)

I can't help but look back on the last year and a half. I see this transformation into a completely different person. I think of all the work and frustration that went into it. All I can think is "what now?"

The answer: ANYTHING

If you are thinking about undergoing bariatric surgery or if you are in the pre-op diet phase, just know that this could be the greatest decision of your life. Every day you dig a little more until one day you turn to realize that you have moved mountains and that is the greatest feeling in the world.

Replies

• badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    amazing job. congratulations on your success
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Holy Cow! What a great transformation!
  • ellci
    ellci Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOW, just WOW!
    You look amazing!
  • jillcwatson1
    jillcwatson1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Proud of you and hopeful for the work that I have before me. Thanks for sharing your story and insight. You are right, you CAN now do anything.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    This is PHENOMENAL. You're an inspiration. You're at the goal I want to reach as well, so this gives me something to aim for.

Thank you for posting this!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Great job! And great message of optimism and empowerment! I agree fully.

Rob
  • Kleona29
    Kleona29 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. You give me hope. Thanks for shsring.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wow.. what a great job you've done. Looking at your pictures your today picture looks almost like the daughter of your yesterday picture. I don't know how old you are but you look like a teen. I hope my weight loss reverses the clock for me. Congratulations, job well done.
  • dzoerner
    dzoerner Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing. So inspiring!
  • JudiMoving2
    JudiMoving2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just wow. So skin surgery, what did you have done? Just stomach or more?
  • Rindabu
    Options
    Wow! Just wow. So skin surgery, what did you have done? Just stomach or more?

I just had abdominoplasty. I carried most of my weight in my stomach, so I had about 2 square feet of excess skin. O.O
  • Rindabu
    Options
    loveshoe wrote: »
    Wow.. what a great job you've done. Looking at your pictures your today picture looks almost like the daughter of your yesterday picture. I don't know how old you are but you look like a teen. I hope my weight loss reverses the clock for me. Congratulations, job well done.

Thank you so much :). I'm 25. People used to think I was my husband's mother :(. Now they think i'm 17. My mother had the bypass at the same time as me and it took the years off her too.
  • lmryoung
    lmryoung Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What an amazing success! Thank you for sharing this with us!
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Very inspiring!