How do I eat ALL OF THIS!!!???

Options
KatiAuchinleck
KatiAuchinleck Posts: 101 Member
I'd love some tips on how to stick with healthy food choices but still get my calories up. I've never been a big eater. I do eat high fat, healthy foods like salmon and avocados but I still have no idea how to start working my way up other than that. Thanks!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Do you have any low-fat or no-fat versions of food you eat?

Ditch them, go normal fat versions, yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese, milk, ect.

Redefine what "healthy foods" means - you may be incorrectly limiting yourself.

With more calories to eat, you are able to get the nutrition aspect in easily, now need the calorie aspect in easily.
  • KatiAuchinleck
    Options
    heybales wrote: »

With more calories to eat, you are able to get the nutrition aspect in easily, now need the calorie aspect in easily.

Thanks heybales. I'm a full fat dairy kind of girl. I always figured if I'm going to eat cottage cheese, it's going to be the good stuff! I just don't want to give myself the excuse of "more calories = more dessert" I'm a fairly clean eater, I never buy processed foods. But I have a major sweet tooth! Though I have to admit that yesterday I was so full, dessert wasn't even tempting! Maybe that's the trick. I'll keep searching for protein options too. Thanks!
  • butterbear1980
    butterbear1980 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wait for your appetite to rev up and "clean" or "dirty" (both of which have more to do with laundry imo) no amount of food will seem like enough :). This is coming from a shorty with a 3000 tdee. So you want calorie dense foods to meet your goals and prefer unprocessed. Carbs=coconut water, dates, dried fruit, frozen yogurt, juice, rice, oats, potatoes…fat=nuts, cheese, nut butters RIBS!!!!!! homemade mayo, pesto, salad dressing protein=homemade protein bars with grass fed whey protein, lean meats, egg whites (meringues!!! ), dairy.
  • Original_Beauty
    Original_Beauty Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I had this problem too...do I anymore? No. I started small.

Breakfast:
    Add in a piece of fruit (there is 50-100 calories)
    Or milk (There is about 150 calories)

Snack:
    Have nuts (there is anywhere from 150-250 calories)

Lunch:
    Make it a tad bigger, more protein.

Have dessert...

It's not too hard <3
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

GREAT suggestion for calorie intake. I LOVE the full fat versions but have been preached to since I was 12 and diagnosed diabetic to stay away from the fat, was told about heart disease, etc. I'm a huge fan of full fat, raw milk and would love to indulge. Your thoughts on this.
  • KatiAuchinleck
    Options
    It's amazing what a few days and some great suggestions can do! I'm already reaching the end of my day and saying "only 200 more calories???? More please!" Thanks everyone!
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    good job!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

GREAT suggestion for calorie intake. I LOVE the full fat versions but have been preached to since I was 12 and diagnosed diabetic to stay away from the fat, was told about heart disease, etc. I'm a huge fan of full fat, raw milk and would love to indulge. Your thoughts on this.

Why would a diabetic with issues with insulin need to avoid fat which causes no insulin release, and when eaten with carbs usually slows down the release of them and moderates the insulin release?

While many in the medical fields have known what some of the real reasons are for heart disease for years, others and popular press reporting on those studies are starting to report the info more.
    Like the recent backing down of dietary cholesterol not really being the reason for high blood cholesterol, so eat your eggs if you want.