Insomnia is like constipation :-)

Options
PasPlus
PasPlus Posts: 31 Member
I just had a eureka moment that I thought I would share. This may be especially interesting to newbies.

I am in fairly deep ketosis and have been consistently for over a month. Feeling amazing but....sleeping less and less to the point where 4 hours is good now! I turn off tech well before bed, have a dark room, regular bed time - all the text book 'requirements' but I have not been able to sleep until well after midnight then am awake by 6.30am, work hard all day then toss and turn for hours again. I have called this insomnia and complained. I have however not been tired in the day so did some reading and realised that insomnia is no more an appropriate term than constipation is for those of us that do not 'go' every day but have no problem when we do.

I don't have insomnia - I simply have less of a need for sleep because my brain has more consistent energy and can work for longer and more effectively but it needs less rest to do the same or more work as it has a better energy source. I emphasise I am not tired during the day. Ketosis has, among many other benefits, given me an extra 3-4 guilt free hours in each day.

I found the following link especially interesting in illuminating me: http://www.sleepwarrior.com/use-ketosis-to-train-your-brain-to-sleep-less.

Hope this helps some of you.

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I wish it did! I am feeling exhausted this morning. I can't sleep due to neck pain though, not due to ketosis.

Just can't find a pillow combination that works...even with my expensive orthopedic pillow.

But it was an interesting article and it's true that the way we think about things definitely affects the way we feel about them - it's only insomnia if you feel bad.